Chapter 37: Lessons Learned

George's POV

In life, there are things that will leave you scarred and broken. But above all this, there will be lessons afterwards. Every scar has a story to tell and each time a scar healed properly, a lesson will sunk in your head. Every pain teaches you to be brave and even stronger. And that's what I've learned with what transpired yesterday.

The pain resurfaces.

Just when I thought I was over Ken, I accidentally saw him again. I knew I made a grave assumption that getting on with my life will be the perfect solution. I nearly forgot that forgiving will be the answer to this. I have to forgive Ken in order for me to move on fully.

 I also realized that my way of coping wasn't good enough. I've made a grave error of assuming that things will be better if I'll wash away all the pain, trouble, and memories with liquor. But seeing Ken yesterday, my resolve weakened.

The pain I felt when I walked out on him that night came crushing down on me again. I was wrong when I thought I was over Ken. I really thought I was over the pain. But I wasn't. It dawned on me that I really wasn't in the first place. It was all just a pretense. Pretending that I'm over him and living life as if he'd never been a part of it. What made it more painful was when a beautiful girl called his attention. She's holding baby clothes for Pete's sake!

And from the looks of it, Ken and the girl are together. I assumed that the girl's pregnant with his baby. My god. I almost fainted that time. I can't quite believe that Ken could be that heartless. Knowing that we just broke up two months or more and he practically impregnated a girl. Maybe she's the girl he's calling during the times we're together.

Maybe she's the girl he can kiss and loves so much. What the hell. All along, I was fooled. I was trapped in Ken's lies and sugarcoated empty promises of forever and happily ever after. Good thing it ended while I can still think properly.

Because if not, it'll be the worst nightmare for me. As I reflect on the past months when Ken and I were still together, I can't help but feel a jolt of pain and regret. I've been stupid enough to give myself fully that time. I regret the sex in the shower, the bed, and the sofa. I regret all. Maybe I would be more regretful if I got pregnant. We've been careless the whole night.

Damn.

The last chance.

Drowning myself in loathe, I dug my fingers on my palm as I fully regret to have given him that last chance. Looking back, it's as if I've grant him access to hurt me more with that fucking last fucking chance. However, I can't turn back the time and undo the things I did. All I could do now is to start over again.

Forgive Ken so I can fully move on. We have separate lives now with different circle of people. He's expecting a baby and I am expecting as well. No, I'm not pregnant. I just accepted my parents' invitation. They want me to migrate there for good. I even consulted my friends; they all hesitated at first but agreed nonetheless. Though I was hesitant, I still thought of it thoroughly. And my decision led me to arranging my papers in DFA.

 Kris helped me. He has a sister working inside. Kris and I became good friends. And that's all we'll ever be. We both know that and we're happy with what we have. He's my other rock aside from Jean who is so busy with baby Troy and Ira. He's silently wooing her.

The poor girl isn't even aware as well. But time will come then she'll get to her senses and notice it.

And I can’t wait for them to be together.