The Party Part 2

I gotta admit than I’m having more fun than I thought I would have. After Nora’s comment I have to step out for a few minutes to take some air so I can calm down a little bit, to process all the information and to get mentally ready to go back to the party; I really don’t want to leave because I want to try and get a little closer to Cris during the night, so I take in that fresh air and head back to the party. I have barely put both feet on the ground after walking down the stairs when Christian is already hollering my name and signals me to go to where he is, so I do and he greets me with a hug and gives me his cup so I can take a drink.

“Bro, she doesn’tdrinkanymore.”

Eva hits him softly in the arm and I try to make out if she said “she doesn’t drink anymore” or “she doesn’t drink at all,” I can tell they’re all drunk by now and, briefly, I wish I was able to drink, if only to not feel so out of place. Luckily, that awkwardness passes rather quickly when the song changes, Eva and Lucas scream excitedly and start singing at the top of their lungs, making us all laugh. I slowly start to fell more and more comfortable, the truth is that Eva and Lucas’ antics help a lot, their singing and dancing and their making all they can to get me to join them, Christian puts his arm over my shoulders, as if we were the closest of friends, and it actually feels oddly familiar… honestly, its one of the few interactions in the past week that hasn’t made me feel uncomfortable.

After around seven or eight songs, Lucas excuses himself to the bathroom, Eva and Christian start dancing together and they get reaaaally into the song, too much for comfort actually, so I tell them that I’m getting something to drink but they don’t pay any attention to me. I go to the bar and I kinda make out someone who (I hope) might be Cris walking up the stairs, I move to go after her but I wait a little to see that none of her friends follows her, when I’m sure no one follows, I go after her.

The stairs lead up directly to a door between the kitchen and the living room, I decide to go towards the living room and it leads me to a huge room, its not till then that I realize the actual size of the house, I hadn’t noticed it when I first arrived because Cris was guiding me all the way, but now that I’m by myself I realize that anyone not familiar with it can get easily lost.

“Is everything okay?”

The voice comes out of nowhere and it makes me jump, I turn to my left and I see Alejandro coming out of the kitchen.

“Dude, fuck. What is it with everyone today that they decided to scare me?”

He laughs softly and moves his head sideways.

“I’m sorry, but, I mean, we could kinda say it is your fault.”

I cover my mouth with my hand, pretending to be offended.

“My fault?”

“Well, yeah! You sort of look like a lost puppy, and those are easy to startle.”

I laugh loudly, he’s not wrong, this is all very new to me and I guess it shows.

“Right, but don’t get mad, huh. I’m just teasing you.”

I nod and silence settles for a moment.