ii.

The next morning when Taehyung woke up, his back was aching from the angle in which he slept on the couch. That would be a pain in the ass with his performance tonight. He sat up and looked through sleepy eyes through the room.
He couldn't see shit. Glasses. He put on his glasses and blinked a few times.
Alright, now he could see.
It took him a few seconds to remind himself why he wasn't sleeping on his bed, but when he looked at his bed he knew.
The hybrid had made a nest of the sheets and it looked adorable to see him curled up in the middle of it. Taehyung smiled. He stood up and walked to the bed. He wanted to wake the hybrid up, but then he realized that he didn't even know his name. He backed off and thought about breakfast.
What would he eat? Gosh... Taehyung facepalmed himself.
When a knock on the door sounded, he quickly walked toward it and opened it. As he thought, his breakfast got brought there. The trolley with food got rolled in and Taehyung thanked the woman who had brought it. He rolled it a bit further in the room and then walked back to the bed again. He carefully placed a hand on his shoulder and shook him slightly.

'Kitty.', he said. 'You have to wake up. You need to eat.'

He did wake up. He sat up slowly and blinked sleepily while looking through the room. His blonde hair stuck out in every direction and his eyes were a little puffy of sleep.
Taehyung smiled.
'I don't have a lot of variation in what I eat, actually.', Taehyung said. 'I personally like toast a lot and they always serve toast for me... soo... Do you want some?',

The hybrid nodded excitedly. Taehyung took the plate from the trolley and handed it to him. He took a bite of it and his entire face seemed to shine. Taehyung smiled.
'Can I know your name?', he then asked. the hybrid munched on the toast for a few more seconds.

'Jimin.' he then said. Taehyung smiled brightly.

'Well, Jimin, I'm Taehyung.', he said. Jimin frowned slightly.

'Taehyung?', he repeated. Taehyung nodded. 'Kim Taehyung?', he nodded again. 'V?' Taehyung let out a chuckle.
So he knew that he was an artist.

'That's me, yeah.', Taehyung admitted. Jimin smiled and continued eating. 'Ehm...'

Taehyung actually wanted to ask how Jimin ended up between those dumpsters, but he didn't know how to ask it. Taehyung wondered if Jimin was adopted yet; he didn't think so because he wasn't wearing a collar, but he just wanted to know. 'Jimin, how did you... ended up in that alley?' Jimin looked at Taehyung, munching on a bite of toast.

'I ran away from my shelter.', Jimin said. 'I escaped through a window and ran.' Taehyung didn't expect that at all. 'They didn't take care of me anymore. I've been sent back too many times, they basically neglected me.' Taehyung looked with widened eyes and parted lips at Jimin. At first, he was a bit surprised at how much Jimin had said, but when he heard what he said... How on earth could people neglect such an adorable hybrid like him?!

'That's horrible!', Taehyung said. 'How could they?! I-' He exhaled heavily and tried to calm down for a second. 'But aren't they going to search for you?',

'They probably will.', Jimin said. 'But I'm planning to flee out of the city. Trying to get as far away as possible and...', he went silent for a few seconds. 'I don't know... I've lived my entire life in the shelter or at my previous owners. I don't know what I can do, I'm just a hybrid.' Jimin looked down at his lap, silently playing with his fingers. He pouted slightly and his eyes started to water. 'I just have to find an owner, I'm nothing without one.'

'That's not true!', Taehyung said quickly. 'I'm sure you'll be able to do amazing things. You have probably an undiscovered talent and you just have to find it and then you will be amazing! You are already amazed by the way, but that doesn't matter.' Taehyung placed his hands on Jimin's shoulders and rubbed the topside of his arms. 'I'm sure of it.' Jimin smiled.

'Thank you.', Jimin said, sniffling and rubbing his eyes. 'I'm sorry, I can be a little oversensitive at some times.',

'Doesn't matter.', Taehyung said. 'Everyone has those moments.'

'Even you?', Jimin asked in surprise, looking up at Taehyung.

'Even I.' Taehyung admitted.

----

Just an hour later, Taehyung was ready to head toward the place where he had his concert to get ready and all. Jimin was looking at him from the bed.

'I don't know if you want to come along to my concert.', Taehyung said. 'But you can if you want.'

'Does it mean I get to see you sing and dance?', Jimin asked. Taehyung let out a chuckle.

'Yes, it does.', he chuckled.

'Then I'll come along.', Jimin said, putting on his shoes and standing up. He curled his tail around his thigh and pulled the hoodie over his ears.

'You might want to put on this.', Taehyung said, handing Jimin sunglasses. 'And there will be probably a lot of noise and flashes, so be warned.'

When he walked out with Jimin, three bodyguards were waiting for Taehyung to walk out. They were a bit surprised by Jimin but didn't say anything. Taehyung noticed that Jimin wasn't really limping anymore, which made a smile curl up his lips. When they came outside, a lot of fans and paparazzi were waiting for him outside. It took Taehyung a few seconds before he held Jimin close to him, scared that perhaps something would happen. Flashes were everywhere to be seen and the loud sounds made Jimin's head spin. He pressed himself closer to Taehyung and tried to shove the sounds away, but without any luck, though.

The bodyguard maneuvered them through the mass of people until they arrived at the car which was waiting for him. Jimin got in first and Taehyung followed, closing the door behind him.

'Are you okay? I'm sure it was quite overwhelming for you.', Taehyung said, reaching out a hand to place it on Jimin's shoulder.

'It was just a little unexpected.', Jimin said - his voice softer than earlier.

'Are you sure you're okay?', Taehyung asked, just to be sure. Jimin nodded and took off the sunglasses Taehyung had given him.

'Does this always happen to you?', Jimin asked as he looked out of the window to all the fans outside.

'Sometimes.', Taehyung said scratching his neck. He watched how Jimin looked outside with his eyes wide, looking at how supportive his fans were.

'They seem to love you very much.', Jimin mumbled.

'Well, they are the reason I am who I am now.', Taehyung said with a smile. Jimin nodded, still looking outside.

'Do you have a hybrid?', Jimin asked after a few moments of silence. Taehyung frowned.

'No, why?',

'You smelled like one.', Jimin shrugged. 'When you found me, I mean. But it was very faint, like you hadn't been close it for a while.'

'I don't know anyone who had a hybrid.', Taehyung said thoughtfully. 'I do know a hybrid though.'

'Who?', Jimin asked sharply, squinting his eyes.

'You.', Taehyung said with a smile. Jimin's cheeks went red and he avoided his gaze after that.