xii.

The tour went on without any problems, and a week later, Taehyung was throwing his bags in his room and fell down on his bed with a groan.

'I can sleep in my own bed again.', he sighed happily. Jimin put his bag down silently and shuffled over to Taehyung. 'Hi, Jiminie.', Taehyung chuckled when he saw Jimin looking at him. Jimin smiled. 'Oh! I wanted to ask you something!', Taehyung then realized, sitting up and looking at the hybrid. Jimin looked confused, tilting his head to the side and looking at Tae with confused eyes. 'I wanted to ask about your heat.', Taehyung said. Jimin's ears pressed against his head, shuffling back a little. 'I- I just wanted to-', Taehyung continued quickly, realizing that Jimin became a little scared. '- I've read a little about heat and I read that it could be a little painful. So I thought; maybe there is something that makes it less painful and just a little... better, you know?',
Jimin held his tail in his hands, stroking the fur comfortingly.

'Well, there are heat suppressors.', Jimin mumbled. 'But you first have to go for the doctor for that, and it are like medicines, so they are very expensive so I understand that you don't want to buy for me, because it's expensive and-'

'Stop, Jimin, please.', Taehyung interrupted him. Before Jimin could mumble a "sorry", Taehyung waves his hands. 'Don't apologize. I am your owner a-and your friend. So I will buy these suppressors, and I will go to the doctor with you.' Jimin's eyes widened in surprise.

'You... you would?', Jimin whispered. Taehyung nodded. He gestured Jimin closer and spread his arms. Jimin shuffled toward him and Taehyung threw his arms around him. Jimin leaned with his head onto Taehyung's head. 'Thank you.', Jimin mumbled. 'You're the best owner I've ever had.'

'No problem, Jiminie.'

————

The next day - after unpacking everything and accidentally falling asleep in the living room - Taehyung was taking Jimin to the doctor. He wanted to have those suppressors as quick as possible, because wintertime was nearing. Jimin was clutching Taehyung's hand as they walked into the waiting room. Much to Taehyung's irritation, hybrids were still in the "animal" like zone, so instant of a normal human doctor, they had to go to a vet. Jimin was looking around. The waiting room was full of people with actual cats or dogs or other animals. There was one hybrid, but he didn't looked that nice. When Jimin walked in after Taehyung, all the owners their gazes fell on Jimin. Jimin's eyes were wide and clutched Taehyung hand even tighter. Everyone was looking at Jimin with judging eyes. The hybrid, which sat on the ground in front of his owner, frowned and cocked his head to the side. Jimin followed Taehyung to the chairs and sat down next to him. Taehyung's eyes judged the owner of the other hybrid hard.

'Animals are supposed to sit on the ground!', the owner spat, making the hybrid in front of him flinch. Taehyung raised an eyebrow, but didn't react. 'Can't you hear me?!', the owner raised his voice. 'They're supposed to sit on the ground!' When Taehyung noticed that Jimin was almost slipping off of the chair, Taehyung stopped him.

'I think you shouldn't stop minding other people's business.', Taehyung said calmly. 'Just stay on the chair.', he said, turning to Jimin. 'Don't let him win.' Jimin nodded, still holding Taehyung's hand. His ears were pressed onto his head, but he looked determined.
Then the owner stood up and made his way toward Taehyung. He tugged him up from his collar and stared at him. He was just about to shout in his face, when someone placed a hand on his shoulder.

'Sir I would like you to step down and sit down again.', a familiar voice said. Taehyung had to restrain himself from smirking. The owner glared at the veterinarian but then released Taehyung and walked back to his seat. The veterinarian looked at him for a few seconds, but then to Taehyung. 'Taehyung.', he smiled.