xxi.

'We're going to their party today, right?', Jimin's tail was swishing in the air, the tip touching the floor, as he watched Taehyung get ready. Taehyung sighed and turned around at him. Jimin grinned.

'No, that's why I'm getting ready to go.', he said with a roll of his eyes, turning back to the mirror to adjust his makeup. Jimin giggled and stood up to hug Taehyung from behind. 

'You look handsome.', he mumbled in his shoulderblade - Taehyung was far from being done with his makeup. Taehyung smiled as he watched Jimin through the mirror.

'Jimin-ah?', 

'Hm?',

'Will you be okay tonight?', Jimin frowned.

'Why wouldn't I be?', he asked. Taehyung bit his lip.

'Because Nina looks so much like your previous owner.', Jimin's hold tightened on Taehyung. 

'She never owned a hybrid... right?', 

'She never owned a hybrid.', Taehyung confirmed. Jimin nodded.

'Then it can't be her.', he said softly - more to himself than to Taehyung. 'I'll be fine... if you're next to me, though.', 

'For a small while, I need to talk to Jungkook alone.', Taehyung informed. 'I need to give him the ring in private. So, I hope she won't come searching for him.', Jimin nodded.

'I can... I can try to, maybe, talk to her?', Taehyung searched for Jimin's eyes. He smiled slightly at Taehyung. 

'Would you be able to?', 

'Not for long. Just a few minutes maybe.', 

'That'd be more than enough.', Jimin nodded.

'I can do that.', Taehyung smiled at Jimin. 

'If you wouldn't be able to I wouldn't blame you.', 

'No! I can do this.', Jimin said to himself. 'I can. Just... I need you to be in sight.', 

'I will be behind Nina, so you can look past her and see me.', Taehyung suggested. 'Good idea?', Jimin nodded. 'Now, get ready yourself. You're not going to their anniversary in these clothes.',

'What's wrong with my clothes?!',

'You stepped out of bed with those.', Jimin smiled mischievously, but let go of Taehyung to change.  

He rushed to pick some clothes, but soon he was almost completely ready. He rushed to the bathroom for his last stop and fixed his hair and put on some makeup.

'How do I look?', Jimin dashed to Taehyung to show his outfit and turned a circle to show him every corner and inch. Once he didn't hear Taehyung, he turned. But Taehyung was looking at Jimin what looked like heart eyes. 

'Uhm-', Taehyung scratched the back of his head. 'You look gorgeous.', Jimin giggled. 'Let's- Let's go?', Taehyung stood up, holding out his hand. Jimin took Taehyung's hand and walked out together with him. 

The ride there was short, but for Jimin it felt like ages. His mind was racing with thoughts about this Nina and if she was his previous owner yes or no. But he decided to quit those thoughts and just focus on the now. and in the now, Taehyung was carefully scratching Jimin's ear for comfort.  He purred quietly as he leaned his head on Taehyung's shoulder. 

They arrived soon, and the plaza they had managed to hire looked amazing. Almost everything was covered with fairy lights and neon lights. There were a few more people present, and Taehyung saw Jungkook and Nina talking to Hoseok and Yoongi. The wide smile on Jungkook's face was impossible to miss as he was standing next to his lover. Taehyung linked his and Jimin's arm together.