Chapter 2 - No Invite?

3rd person Pov

Peridot walked through the crowded halls, making her way to her third period class. Peridot never liked school but was surprisingly smart. She had almost straight A's in every class of hers.

It took Peridot half a minute trying to reach her class. It was rush hour, every student trying to get to class and not being marked as late.
When she finally arrived at her class, she sat down on the back of the room like usual. She never really talked to anyone in that class, she just sat down and studied.

Ughh....I just want to leave already. She thought.

She took a quick glance at her watch. It read 11:09. Since Peridot was doing very good at school, and is one of the smartest kids in it, she had two free periods.
Peridot has a very excellent record, and has even gotten scholarships. She however, hasn't given any thought about college or her future.

An hour passes like nothing, and Peridot was now headed to lunch. She didn't really eat anything, she just sat down and relaxed.

Peridot let out a sigh as she scanned the lunch area.
A bunch of kids were walking around, looking for seats or going to class.
She pulls out her phone, looking through social media.

Out of the sudden, Peridot feels a punch that lands on her arm.

The hit itself didn't really hurt but it startled Peridot. She quickly turns  around to confront the individual who hit her.
Her pissed off face quickly changes as she looks at Amethyst.

"Yo Peri, what's up?" Amethyst said sitting down next to her.

Peridot relaxed after knowing it was her "jesus Amy, you scared me..."

"Tch mah bad" Amethyst smirked taking a bite of her burger.

____

Amethyst

Amethyst is Peridot's best friend. They met each other back in kindergarten. Amethyst has always been there for Peridot, in the bad times and goods. They can talk about anything without judge. Amethyst has long light purple hair that she dyed a few months ago. Is even shorter than Peridot, wears a bunch of Hollister clothes for some reason, and is on the chubby side. Amethyst's personality is a really relaxed, she's the one who starts parties without trying, so it's easy for her to get along with anyone. Get on her bad side however, and things might not end well.

____

"So, are you staying to see the Christmas break assembly?" Amethyst asked Peridot.

Peridot gave Amethyst a simple shrug, "Not sure, I kinda want to go hit the gym after school. I've been feeling a bit sluggish. "

Amethyst just frowned at her, "aw c'mon, you always go to the gym. You're already ripped enough. Your abs are almost showing through all that clothing."

Peridot chuckled "psh, I know. It's just i'm not trying to grow a belly. I'm already compressed, getting fat would just make me look stupid..."

Amethyst raised an eyebrow, "yea uh..I'm even shorter than you, and hearing you say that doesn't really help.."

Peridot grinned awkwardly, "ye..sorry."