Hold On (Fem Reader)

Disclaimer: I don't own any MHA Characters or the image. I own the plot. This is a songfic to the song 'Hold On' by Chord Overstreet. Lyrics are in bold and italics. Read until the end for a very important author's note.

Warnings: Language, mention of Endeavor

Key:

(Y/N) = Your Name

(Y/L/N) = Your Last Name

(H/C) = Hair Colour

Loving and fighting

Accusing, denying

I can't imagine a world with you gone

Shoto knew something was wrong. Very wrong. (Y/N) had been distant the last few days, causing the dual-haired boy to get worried. He laid on his bed late at night, taking a deep breath. He had sent her a few texts, seeing that she was online. Five minutes passed without a response, then ten, then fifteen, until eventually forty-five minutes had passed. Shoto sighed and looked at his phone, closing his eyes in frustration. It was bad enough his apartment was being cleaned due to bed bugs and he needed to stay with his father, but now he was getting ghosted by the love of his life. A few minutes later, he heard his phone buzz.

The joy and the chaos, the demons were made of

I'd be so lost if you left me alone...

He immediately reached over for his phone, gasping in relief when he saw it was a message from (Y/N). 'I'm so sorry...' The text read, confusing Shoto. He quickly typed up a response, asking her what she was sorry for. 'She doesn't have anything to be sorry for. She has been weird these last few days though...' He thought, sighing in confusion. 'For being distant. If I hurt you, I'm so sorry!' She replied a few moments later, causing Shoto's breath to hitch. 'Don't be sorry! I'm just glad I didn't do anything to upset you.' He replied, a small smile gracing his face. A few minutes passed before he received a long text from (Y/N). 'I'm so sorry for everything I've ever done. Every mean word, every stupid fight, every eye roll, EVERYTHING. You deserve better than me, so much better. I can't do this anymore. I love you so much, just remember that.' She sent, Shoto's mouth gaping in shock. He could hear his heartbeat as chills rolled down his back. His head was spinning from the text. 'What do you mean?! Don't do anything rash, I'm on my way!' He texted, jumping up from his bed and putting on a jacket. He grabbed his phone and rushed to his front door, slipping on his shoes and ignoring the shouts from his father. Once he was walking down the street, he got another text. 'Sho, don't make this harder than it is. Please, just stay home. I love you so much.' She responded, causing Shoto's eyes to well with tears. He sent a bunch of texts as he ran to her house, just getting left on read.

You locked yourself in the bathroom;

Lying on the floor when I break through

Shoto arrived at (Y/N)'s apartment, knocking on the door. When no one answered, he knocked louder. After five minutes of knocking, he deduced no one was going to answer, no matter how long or loud he knocked. He stopped for a moment, deciding whether or not he should bust open the door. He thought about what could be happening inside the apartment, and that helped him make the decision. He put all his strength behind his kick, the door flying off its hinges. He rushed into the apartment, looking for the (H/C). "(Y/N)?!" He shouted, receiving no response. He eventually saw that the light in the bathroom was on, so he tried opening the door. When it wouldn't budge, he realized it was locked. "(Y/N)? I'm coming in!" He announced, throwing his body into the door. It opened, and his eyes widened at the sight. His girlfriend was lying on the floor, an empty bottle of pills next to her.