Dig Down

INSIDE BATTERY CITY:

Amy heads down her familiar alley hoping to find Shigeko on her tiny screen once more, this time she notices the camera on the side of a wall looking at her, hoping its Shigeko she doesn't shoot it. She continues walking beside the old robots and reaches the screen, where the image of Shigeko awaits her.

- Amy: Hey!

- Shigeko: Did you get anything good?

- Amy: Yeah, I have this old friend... he agreed to bring you there, but he will put you in a restricted mode until he trusts you.

- Shigeko: That's fine.

- Amy: So how are you going to get there?

- Shigeko: If you type in my IP address at his place, I can show up at that console.

Shigeko disappears from the screen for a little moment while she displays an array of numbers Amy writes down on a tablet Max gave her.

- Amy: So I just tell him to like call this number or something?

- Shigeko: Not exactly call... Just give it to him and tell him it's my IP address and he should know what to do.

- Amy: 'kay, I'll see you in a little bit!

- Shigeko: Stay safe!

Amy once again rushes to Max's building and enters to find him setting up equipment.

- Amy: Hey Max!

- Max: Hey! Just setting up another computer for your "friend". Have you talked to her yet?

- Amy: Yeah. She gave me this number (*pulls out the tablet and gives it to him*) and said it was her IP address.

- Max: (*reading the number*) Hang on...

- Amy: What?

- Max: HOLY SHIT!

- Amy: WHAT?

- Max: You're telling me your friend has this IP? Your FRIEND?

- Amy: Yeah, why?

- Max: This is the fucking IP of the main building of Better Living, we are literally talking about the biggest AI there is on the planet right now.

- Amy: Oh... wow, so... is that a problem?

- Max: Well... it's a good thing I have a spare computer, otherwise we might have been in a little trouble.

- Amy: Why do you say that?

- Max: Oh nothing to worry about, just... we'll be fine.

Max turns on the console he was just setting up and starts typing like a mad man, while plugging cables into monitors and into other devices and even more cables. Amy just stands back and watches the mayhem ensue; after a lot of moving around and adjusting, some interference appears on the main monitor and finally Shigeko appears.

- Shigeko: Max Roomhead, huh? Pleasure to meet you after all this time.

- Max: Umm... hey, listen I know I don't have the best profile bu-

- Shigeko: Don't worry, I'm not here to conduct the Scarecrow unit to your front door; for all we know you died 1 year and 3 months ago in a fight Korse had to intervene with.

- Max: Oh... well...

- Amy: What the fuck?

- Max: Long story.

- Shigeko: In any case, could you free me and then plug Amy in?

- Amy: Wait what?

- Max: She said you were going to teach her how to fight... something.