CHAPTER NINETEEN

Khairee stood at the balcony, staring up at the dark night sky, it was full moon, and so the night was quite lit. Khairee has always loved watching the sky, everything about it is fascinating, from the dark blue colour of the sky, the bright moon, to the beautiful stars that adorned the sky.

Whenever she's watching the sky, she used to become totally oblivious of her surrounding, she could spend hours without getting tired. It was what she loves doing, her favourite thing to do.

When she was a kid, she use to think that the sky in their village was different from the sky in other places,  so she always yearned to see how the sky is in other places are. But living here she came to understand that, the sky is the same in everywhere. The moon that shines in their village is the same moon that shines here, the same stars that decorated the sky there are the same as the one here. This is how Great God is.

But, unlike every other time that Khairee become numb of her surrounding this time she was numb of everything, both the sky and the surrounding, she was just blindly staring.

How could she? she thought angrily.

What happened earlier in the day was still bothering her, when Hasna was given the tab to speak to Omar Farouq, she kept smiling at the screen or rather at Omar Farouq, but that wasn't what was making her angry, it was the fact that after they were done talking she ended the call.

How could she?

Khairee has been waiting eagerly for her turn, she has looked forward to talking to him, she has even rehearse what she was going to say to him in her mind. But what, that Hasna has spoil it all, she had shattered all her hopes. And now she has to wait till Allah knows when before she talk to him.

"Khairee" she felt a tap on her shoulder.

"Yes" she turned around, it was Jannah.

"Hey are you crying?" Jannah asked with raised eyes "Why?"

"No I'm not, why do you ask?"

"Because there are tears in your eyes" khairee took her hand to her cheek, she felt the liquid there, she didn't even know she was crying, she quickly wiped both cheeks and smiled at Jannah

"Something fell into my eyes" she said in defence.

"let me blow it out for you" jannah requested

"No, I've already removed it don't worry" khairee declined

Jannah shook her head " But tears are still coming out"

Khairee sniffled "I.. I said..I'm Okay" she said shuttering. She palmed her face with her palms

"No you're not okay, let me inform Ya Muhibba since you're not going to tell me" She started to walk but khairee quickly held the hem of her dress.

"No, don't tell her" khairee said with begging eyes "I will tell you"

Jannah nodded "I'm listening"

Khairee swallowed "Earlier" she started "When Umm Rafeeq called...er..called ya..ya, and passed it to everyone, i also wanted to talk to him"

Jannah looked confused "You didnt?" she asked

"The phone didnt get to me"

"Really?" Khairee nodded in answer

"Did you also miss him? the way I did?" Jannah wanted to know, khairee slowly nodded .

"What should we do then?" Jannah raised her head thinking

"Should I tell Ummi, so that she will call him for you?" she suggested honestly

"No you can't, I dont want anyone to know that I miss him" khairee warned