CHAPTER TWENTY NINE

Six years later

Omar farouq tightened his seatbelt as he embark on his 12hours journey to Kaduna, who would've have thought he would spend Six years in Adamawa state. When he finished his One year NYSC program, the company he served at retained him  and offered him a great opportunity he couldn't looked away. It was like an added bonus when his Father told him to do what he wants for now.

"Just like no knowledge is a waste so also no experience is a waste" His father had said

He spent five years with them before Baba finally call him back home for good. It's time he come back home and take over the family business. Although he's going there as a mere employee, from there he will find a way to prove himself if he's deserving of the 'potential heir' title.

Omar Farouq smiled as he passed the gate out of Adamawa city. Six years ago, he came into this city as a foolish young Man who's scaring away from an unauthorized heartbreak, it was a heart break he never could have foreseen. He didn't even know he gave the heart away, he just felt it broken, the situation was complicated, it was hard to explain.

But now the situation is different, he is going back as a fully realized adult with goal and purpose in life. And certainly love and the likes of it are far from it.

Omar farouq turn on the cassette on his car player, it started playing an Islamic lecture from the world renowned Canadian scholar Bilal philips. He listen attentively as the scholar emphasized on the importance of parents, especially our mothers whom are given little importance compare to the fathers. It was a trivial issue that lived. within us but is hardly given any relevance.

**********
Khairee was absentmindedly walking holding her eight in one hard cover note book with her phone on top by her side when she bumped in to something hard. Both the book and the phone fell on the floor.

"Ooops sorry! " the bumper apologizes bending down to pick up the fallen item. He handed her book and phone. Khairee raised her head to look at the person in her front.

"My eyes were on my phone, I didn't see you coming" He .

"Next time you walk please make sure you place your eyes on where you are heading" she collected the items and turned to leave.

"You could have avoided clashing into me had it been your eyes were also placed on where you were heading to" he blurted at her.

Khairee turned around with an unbelievable look on her face "Wait, are you blaming me for your mistake?"

"It was our shared mistake, we bumped into each other and I was a gentleman enough to apologized first. The least you could was to accept my apology." he stated. He was right after all, her mind was occupied with other things she didn't noticed him coming but khairee was not ready to accept that.

"Gee! I'm leaving" Khairee blurted and hurried out of his side, trying to hide her embarrassed face.

Wow she's rude The guy thought staring at her vanishing figure.

Khairee hurried to the lecture theatre desperately hoping the lecture is not yet there, the class was supposed to start by twelve midday and it is already five minutes after twelve and he usually closes his door immediately after his entry.

The theatre was full with student especially the front rolls, khairee settled herself on a seat at the far end of the hall. Her pen slipped out of her hands and fell down when she was about to open her book, so she bend down to pick it up. She almost scared out of her skin when she caught a glimpse of someone sitting right next to her.

"You?" Khairee pointed a finger at him

"Yes me" He pointed at himself

"What are you doing here, did you follow me?"