CHAPTER TWENTY FIVE

Blissful

Grateful

Loved

Are mostly what normal happy people feel. With khairee its complicated. May be she felt blessed, may be she felt grateful, may be she felt loved, but she definitely felt something, something that is quite hard to decipher. Something strange, it's happiness mixed with sadness.

She was happy that Hajiya or rather Umma as everyone call her took her in, she felt loved because they've been treating her with love and care, at least everyone expect Ammar who acts like she doesn't even exist, and the other two boys whom hajiya said are currently at school.

She was happy yeah, but deep down she's feeling otherwise. She's sad because may be she won't ever see baby Rafeeq and his mother again. She missed them so much, she wondered several times how umm rafeeq is taking all this. Is she perhaps thinking of her too? Is she missing her? Is she making any effort to know what really happened or to look for her?. 

However that is not the only thing that is making her sad, the fact that she ditched her chance of going back home. If she hadn't fake this whole memory loss, she would've been back home for a while now. Did she do the right thing?

Sometimes khairee felt like bursting everything out. But the strong urge to be successful will never allow her to do that, if she can run from home just to study? then there's nothing she can't endure.  

Hajiya has not only taken her in because she was blank or homeless, she took her in because she felt a strong bond with her. The few weeks they spent in the hospital has brought them so close to each other.

Hajiya is someone who is carefree, she gets attached so easily and is dearly in need of female child, while khairee is someone who is loveable, irresistible and dearly in need of guardians. It was like a match made in heaven except the fact that Khairee lied.

The first day they went home, khairee was awestruck, it wasn't as big as Omar farouq's, but it was a cute attractive house with white peonies mixed with yellow Dahlia's surrounding it. There's a vase shaped rock fountain in the middle of the house, khairee just can't help but appreciate the architect for this magnificent building which she fell deeply in love with.

The interior was nothing less than luxurious, it was breathtaking. You can live in it forever without wanting to go out. Khairee was so taken away by the parlour that she didn't know she has stopped walking.

"Baby come on, what are you waiting for?" Hajiya called out. Khairee snapped out of her day dream immediately and followed her.

They started climbing the stairs together when a cute little boy suddenly appeared from the other end of the stair case.

"Umma" he called out exitedly running down from uptairs to where hajiya is.

"Be careful Aamir stop running" But he didn't stop until he reached his mom and hugged her very tightly. Hajiya hugged him back.

"Umma please don't go back to the hospital again" Aamir pleaded still holding his mom

Hajiya let go of him and nodded holding him by both his shoulders.

Hajiya turned to khairee and said "This is Aamir my last born" khairee Happily nodded and rubbed his sleek hair. Aamir jerked away from her touched

"I just combed my hair but youre trying to mess it up" Aamir said glaring at khairee.

"Umma who is she?" Aamir asked pointing at khairee.

Hajiya flashed a smile at her youngest son "she's the new sister i got you, call her baby"