9

"bakit wala kang date?" Dina asked Anikka, nagkibit balikat lamang si anikka, fixing her gown as she watched the students sa photo booth.

"Pretty ka naman." Another friend of anikka, penny noticed, ngiti ang isinagot ni anikka sakanya.

"Okay lang ako." Anikka said, tumango si penny at si dina at sumama na sa mga date nila, siguro para mag photo booth at mag take ng cute photos.

Janine, as usual was running late, she was the "leader" of the group, well, not totally the leader, but she was the most outspoken and the most prangka.

"okay ka lang anikka?" Anikka raised her head to meet who asked her the question, it was fiona, another classmate of her, anikka smiled.

"This is Anikka, my classmate, super smart niyan!" Fiona boasted, the guy she was talking to, smiled and extended his arm.

"Hello, I'm ricci, Ricci Rivero." The guy introduced, ngumiti si anikka, shaking his hand.

"Anikka Perez." ricci nodded at anikka, his smile was charming as it made anikka want to smile wider.

"Sana pinakilala mo siya sa akin sooner, I have a lot of guy friends." Sabi ni ricci kay fiona, fiona nodded,

"Sayang nga eh. I-dance mo siya later." Anikka heard fiona whisper, ricci nodded as he smiled at anikka. They excused themselves to talk to someone ricci knows.

Anikka stared at her hand, it was weird. But parang she can still feel ricci's touch.

"Hi sis! Ang ganda mo naman!" Anikka stood up to kiss janine's cheeks, she was wearing this red gown that showed her fair skin, ngumiti si anikka, it was an inch away from breaking the dress code.

"This is Brent, my date." Janine introduced, a chinito guy with an earring smiled, he even winked at anikka.

'mas gwapo si ricci' anikka thought, he didn't like this fuckboy aura, be prefer ricci's boy next door.

"Hi, Anikka Perez." Sabi ni anikka, brent nodded.

But at that moment, while anikka was searching for Ricci, Brent kept his eyes on anikka all night.

"Babe, naiinis ata sayo si anikka" janine jokingly said, anikka stopped chewing to look at janine.

"Paano mo nasabi?" Anikka asked, nagkibit balikat si janine.

"You keep on staring at him eh" janine said, her tone wasn't friendly at all, kasalanan ba ni anikka na nasa likod ni brent si ricci?

"Natutulala lang." Sagot ni anikka, looking at her dessert, para bang nawalan na siya ng gana.

"Okay, basta tandaan mo anikka, brent is mine." Sabi ni janine, at hinalikan si brent, anikka nodded, fighting the urge to roll her eyes.

Music can be heard from inside, malamang ay nagpaparty na ang mga tao, anikka didn't want to go, she'd rather look after her father at home, pero pinilit siya nito, and she can't say no to her dada.

"Sumayaw ka na ba?" Brent asked anikka, anikka closed her book.

"Hindi" sagot niya, brent nodded and sat beside her.

"Ang ingay sa loob." Sabi ni brent, anikka nodded.

"Di ka pala-salita no?" Brent asked again, anikka nodded, again.

Brent smiled to himself, this was unusual, quiet and peace wasn't his scene, he prefers loud music and flashing lights, but this was weirdly okay kay brent.

"You don't smile a lot." Brent noticed, anikka closed her book.

"I smile kaya." Sagot niya, brent nodded and looked at the glass door behind them.

"May nagsayaw na sayo?" Brent asked anikka, naririnig niya ang kanta it was a slow one, umiling si anikka. Brent stood up, fixed his polo and his coat, and he extended his arm to ask anikka for a dance.

"I don't want to go inside." Anikka answered, looking at brent, ngumiti si brent.

"We don't have to go inside, we can stay here."

"We can stay?" Anikka asked, brent nodded.

"Here." Brent assured, anikka finally took his hand and brent swore that he felt sparks.

"Wise men say, only fools rush in
But I can't help falling in love with you
Shall I stay? Would it be a sin?
If I can't help falling in love with you" brent sang off-key, anikka laughed and brent smiled, because he wanted to see her laugh and smile.

"Like a river flows, surely to the sea
Darling so it goes, some things are meant to be" anikka continued, her voice wasn't perfect, but it was better than brent. Her eyes staring directly at brent, anikka was thankful.

That night, when anikka said goodbye, brent looked at the night sky and prayed, that hopefully, Anikka was meant to be with him, and if she wasn't, he'll do anything to be with her in this lifetime.