Chapter One: Wolfrik

My name is Isabella, I was born and raised in America, in Pittsburgh to be exact. Let me tell you a bit about myself, I’m not popular but I can talk to just about everyone. I prefer to keep to myself and talk to my small group of friends. I don’t like the spotlight and I am not a fan of attention; however, I get a lot of it, I prefer to just pretend I don’t. Alex and Xan are my good friends. My best friend is named Liv, her mom and my mom are best friends, so we have literally been together since her day one. Liv, Xan, Alex and myself all live on the same block, so we’ve grown up together. My birthday is 2 days before Liv's. I'm a summer baby, born July 13th and Liv was born July 15th. We do everything together. Xan usually drive us to school every day, since we don’t have our licenses yet. Alex drives us home most days, since Xan almost always has football practice after school.

Alex is always gushing over Liv and I being so in sync, he swears we should have been twins. I agree we should have been, but we don’t look exactly alike. I have tan skin, deep brown almost black hair and bright green eyes. Liv is the opposite with blue eyes, blonde almost white hair and pale white skin, though she always looks great with her advanced beauty routines and preppy style she constantly says I am a natural beauty because of my skin tone.

Today is May 9th, we get out of school on June 9th. One month left of our junior year, then we’re seniors and its finally summer! The great thing about summer is that football practice is only three times a week so Xan can hang out with us more often. Plus, swimming! Duh.

So now that you know all that, let’s start this off with my crazy morning; it all began with the fact that my front door was wide open, and my mom was screaming. I woke up to her screaming, normally at 5:30 in the morning, my house is pretty quiet. Well besides Graveyard, my dog who likes to run around my room when I'm getting ready. Her name is not Graveyard because I found her in a graveyard; she's all black with random headstone looking gray fur marks all over her and the white fur on her chest looks like a full moon.

As I climbed out of my bed to see why mom was screaming, I saw a note on my stand. It was tucked under my sunglasses, I tossed my glasses onto my bed and picked it up.

It read:

[ I watched you sleep for a little while. I know who you are, Valace misses you and this house, this room is nothing compared to the castle. Have a good morning, Rosalinda. ~MK]

“First of all, my name is Isabella?”, I said out loud to myself. Second of all, eww creeper! I added in my thoughts. “Who the heck left this for me?” I asked myself. Oh well. I just threw it on my bed and went downstairs. "Mom, what's going on?"

"Isabella, did you leave my front door open?" She was screaming at me like she found some dead animal on the counter or something.

"I went to bed before you, mom. I had a headache?" It came out like a question but it wasn't, I have always hated having a headache and I try to go to sleep and get rid of the pain, I prefer not to take medicine unless absolutely necessary.

"Whatever could it have been then? Was it Graveyard? I bet your sneaking out. I will get cameras. I should have got cameras already!!", she was still yelling so I just turned around and went upstairs, without answering her.

Once back in my room, I closed the door and grabbed my phone on the way into my bathroom. I put on some music and left my phone on the counter as I climbed into the shower, thinking about all our fights, I wasn't going to fight with her over this crap.

My music played out loud as I got ready, after my shower I did my make-up. I got dressed as my hair dried. I felt like it was going to be a crazy day. I saw something tucked in the drawer I kept my straighter in, another freaking note...