Chapter Ten: Best Friends

Liv pulled back and whispered "I love you" but I was looking behind her at some creepy guy in a black suit dragging a passed out cop body into my room.

"Liv when I tell you, get behind me" she was looking into my eyes and I could see that she was using them to see what was behind her. I could feel a hot burning moving through my body, it started at my core and burned out into my arms and legs. I felt my body changing but I didn't understand what was happening, I just knew I had to protect Liv.

"Now" I said to her and she slipped around me as I lunged, completely on fire at this guy. I connected with his body and knocked him right to the floor. I let my instincts take over and I heard Liv yelp. I froze, turned and looked at her, she seemed so much taller and I felt funny, then we were the same height again.

I stepped towards Liv and she cowered "Don't...Don't" her voice was so broken, and I was confused as to why. I held my hands up and stepped towards the bed.

"I'm sorry. I just. I am sleepy" I watched Liv watch me as I fell on the bed. I laid there for a few moments and then I heard people rushing towards the room. "Liv please look calm for the people and tell me what I did to you?" I asked but my arm was over my eyes so I couldn't see her at all. I felt her sit on the bed next to me and take my hands.

"You are a werewolf" she said to me and then the people burst into the room. My arm was still over my face, but I could see a little of the room below it, Liv held my hand and acted perfectly.

"Oh, that crazy guy came for her, we fought him, but Bells is so weak now. She was oh so strong to fight with me" she looked at the doctors, nurses and security guards standing in my room.

"Please protect her, tell me is my best friend going to be okay?" She was gushing and to look at her she was scared but they all thought it was for my health and because of that guy; no one knew she was afraid of me, except for me.

After about two hours things calmed down and Liv and I were the only ones left in my new room. I was put on a higher floor with more hallway security and there were two rooms attached to mine, also filled to the max with guards. Doctors had to show ID to enter the room and if they weren't found in the database the military looking guards had they couldn't enter the room. One doctor thought he would fight his way in, the guys grabbed him, and they were more than willing to fight too; that doctor is probably a patient now. I was so afraid to bring up everything from earlier, but I needed to know what Liv was feeling and thinking.

"Liv?" I asked staring at her, she was looking into one of the side rooms. I am pretty sure she was counting the guards. "Can I ask you a serious question?"

She turned and looked at me, "yes?"

She didn't seem as scared, so I took a deep breath and asked her; "are you afraid I am going to hurt you?"

She moved to sit on my bed and took my hands, "no I was shocked earlier." She leaned into me and whispered in my ear, "it's not everyday you see your best friend turn into a furry dog" she pulled away from me smiling.

I smiled back at her, "I guess today was your lucky day then." I wasn't even sure how I felt about being a fuzzy dog, but I guess this is going to be my life now. I just wish I knew why or how.

"Are you okay?" Liv interrupted my thoughts. 

"Uh ya" I didn't even convince myself, so I knew I wasn't convincing Liv at all.

"Okay, so do you want to tell me the truth now?" she asked with major sass.

I smiled and so did she then my smile fell "I am just afraid of how bad my life is going to change now", I sighed.