Chapter Thirteen: Answers

Two hours later my phone rang, it was my dad. He said that he was home and he asked me to please come home. I said I would be there soon, I told him I was about an hour away with Alex I wasn't fully lying, this town is an hour drive away, but I wasn't driving. He didn't need to know that, so I didn't tell him. Liv called Alex and fed him the cover story, he agreed to participate. We went back to our researching; I could get us home in about five minutes. We were going through the blueprints when we heard some odd noises echoing through the library, I went out to see what it was, and someone was arguing with the librarian.

"I know the policy, but I need to see the girls in the back, study room" he gestured towards us, "I'm a guardian for them."

The librarian looked towards the back and I tried to gesture to her, she kept looking at me, so I stepped out from behind the door and crossed and uncrossed my arms in front of me. They made a huge 'X' and then went straight out, she looked at the guy and said "I can't allow you into the private cubes" he turned and headed towards the door, which I closed. "Security!" I heard the librarian yell. I pressed myself against the door hoping I was strong enough to hold it if he got the lock to break. I felt my body starting to heat up and I hollered for Liv.

"Liv. Liv, come here" she rounded the corner, "is there anyone else back here?
She ran down the hallway and came back around the corner, "no" she said to me.
I nodded and waited for the change to take over, after a few minutes the urge to fight him was over and the heat faded.

We logged off and deleted the history, not wanting anyone to see it. We decided it was time to head home, we packed up then left the room. We turned the keys in and thanked the librarian then we headed to the wood line, loading up Liv's purse I stepped into the woods and froze. We were surrounded; I felt the heat burning through me. I tried to control it and focus on my surroundings, I felt one hundred or so auras we weren't just surrounded; the whole town was. This was going to be hard to get through; I looked at Liv and felt the change take over. I was better off fighting while I was changed because I'd have more strength on my side. I changed and Liv climbed onto my back, holding on as tight as she could I took off running. I felt them chase me, but I wasn't sure if they had let me through to follow me or if I had been faster than they thought. I hoped for faster as I pushed my fuzzy legs into the ground with more force. The wind whipped past us and the trees were a blur. I just kept pushing and pushing. I hit the town line and whipped myself sideways and darted down the tree line past Jasper's grandmothers. I saw flashing lights, but I couldn't investigate right now. I kept running but I didn't feel any more threats, I waited a moment and came to a stop. Liv didn't move, I turned around and headed for Alex's house. I shifted in the wood line and walked down to his car; he was waiting beside it.

"What's going on?" I asked Alex.

"Someone shot the old woman" Alex motioned towards Jasper's grandmother's house.

I looked at Liv and I felt the tears "no" I turned towards the house and started to run but Liv grabbed me.

I felt the heat and she must have to because she whispered "don't do this for me, please" I froze.

I fell to the ground and cried, Liv held onto me and Alex sat next to us on the ground. I curled up to Liv and we all sat there till the sky grew dark and I knew we really had to get home. I stretched my legs and stood up, "let's go" I pulled Liv off the ground and Alex was headed for the car already.

We rode to my house with Alex and Liv fed him the whole cover story that he needed to know and promised to tell him everything else later. He agreed, right before we turned into my driveway, I felt the heat in my stomach I looked around, but nothing was there. I really couldn't deal with these people on top of dealing with my parents. I just waited for something to attack the car but as we got closer to the house the heat went away, they must be waiting for a better time or they are backing off the property now that my dad is home. I just wanted to get this over with so I could have some alone time with my laptop in my room. I wanted no I needed more information. I took a deep breath and opened my door; Liv did the same. I saw the house lights on but there was no sign of our parents coming out to greet us so we let Alex leave and Liv told him she would text him details later.