52

"Have you two packed everything?" 

"Uh- yes." George said sounding distracted once again, just like the days before. I wondered what was on his mind, I tried asking him about it but figured he didn't want to talk about it yet.

"Ready?" Fred asked me.

I nodded "Are you trying to get rid of us, Freddie?" 

Fred smiled widely "Yes." Honesty is key my friends.

━━━━━━━━━━━

"Kaia! George! You made it!" Fleur said with her cute French accent. She hugged me but was mostly distracted by the salty air, the shell cottage was located on the beach. I loved the beach; seeing the ebbing waves of the ocean. 

I greeted Bill before Fleur and I decided to take a short walk on the beach. The wind was pretty rough, my hair was an instant mess.

"How's everything at the burrows?" 

"Everything's fine, it's a little boring at times. I just wish I could work or something, I feel so useless all the time."

She nodded "I understand. It gets a little quiet out here as well but there's not much we can do about it I guess."

I smiled before a wide yawn came out of me, I felt myself getting tired within the second. 

"Tired?"

"Yeah, I've been feeling really tired for the past weeks as well as nauseas maybe I had this cold or it's due to stress, I don't know." I shrugged. 

"You don't look sick, unless-"

"Unless?"

"Ohh nothing, never mind."

"Fleur?"

"I just had this crazy idea that you- that maybe you're p-pregnant?"

I bursted out in laughter and shook my head but I was mentally freaking out, what if Fleur was right? What if I was pregnant?

"No, I couldn't be."

"You never know, I'm just saying-"

"It's probably a cold. It's nothing."

━━━━━━━━━━━

The first few days in the shell cottage I couldn't stop thinking about what Fleur had said. I started noticing every little change that happened to my body. All the signs.. Everything made sense. What if I were truly pregnant? What if I had an actual baby inside of me?

I had woken up from some seagulls flying around the cottage making unbelievable loud sounds. I could hear the waves roll onto the shore and I felt a sudden cold wind pass by. The window had been opened. 

I jumped up wanting to close it but collapsed on the floor as I felt dizzy and extremely nauseas. Before I could run to the bathroom I was overwhelmed by nausea and threw up on the wooden floor. 

"Kaia?" George jumped out of the bed and ran towards me gently holding my hair back.

"D-Disgusting." I muttered.

"Are you sure you don't want to see a healer?"

I sighed and sat down on the bed, George sat down next to me with concern spread across his face. 

"George, I think-" I looked up, meeting his chocolate brown eyes "I might be pregnant."

George's face got pale and his eyes grew bigger. Was this a good thing? Shouldn't he be jumping around if he was excited?

"G-George.." 

He jumped up all of the sudden with a wide smile on his face. I let out a relieved breath. George pulled me up and twirled me around. 

"I can't believe- Are you sure? A mini you? A baby? In your belly? Merlin's beard! I'm gonna be a dad!" 

I giggled as he jumped up and down with me in his arms. But suddenly he stood still and sat me down on the bed "Sorry, I should be careful. Because you know- the baby!" he squealed in excitement.

He kneeled down in front of me and buried his face on my belly whispering some indistinctive words. I brushed my hand through his hair before he looked back up. He stood up and nervously grabbed something from his suitcase. He came back hiding something behind his back. 

He smiled nervously "I have been planning this for quite some time, this wasn't exactly how I planned it to be but-"