Chapter 18

"I'm coming to see you man!"

"That's fucking great, man" I say loudly. Shit, I just swore.

"First time in America, you better show me a good time"

"I will, I have a lot to tell you" I glance to Brin even though I can't see her through the darkness. I've been so busy I haven't spoken to him and I haven't told him that I have a daughter.

"I have to go" I tell him.

"Talk to you later, mate" I hang up and place my phone down on the nightstand, I turn onto my side facing Brin.

"Who was that?" She whispers.

"My mate, he's coming to visit"

"That's good.." she bluntly says with a sigh, like she's deep in through.

"Do you remember how we met?" She asks.

"Of course, I bumped into you and I was rude about it" I nervously chuckle.

"Yeah, in the school hallway" she giggles.

"After what..six hours of knowing you, you agreed to come on a little ride along" I can remember it like it was yesterday.

She stays silent and I continue to ramble on "You trusted me after six hours, that's crazy. I was such a dick to you too, guess you couldn't resist my charm" I laugh.

I can't believe she actually agreed that day to come out for a drive, I'm so fucking glad she did. If she didn't I wouldn't have stopped trying to get with her.

"Shut up!" She laughs and I laugh with her.

"It's so different now" she says after we stop laughing.

"Yeah" I always thought if we had a child she'd be my wife but she's not.

"Brinley.." I quietly say, it's like my mind has gone completely blank and I only want to tell her one thing.

"Mmm?" I hear her shuffle around facing towards me.

"I love you" I coo. I feel like she's warming up to me, I don't want to lose her ever again. She still means the world to me after all these years and always will and her being the mother of my child makes her one hundred more times irresistible.

"Hunter, please don't.." she scoffs.

"Why?" I scoff back. If she says Kai am going to hit him again.