Chapter 48

"Hey" I sit down and rest my arms on the table.

"Hey, how you doing?" Brax asks.

I give him a stern look and he rolls his eyes.

"You still haven't talked to Brin, have you?"

"Yes, I have" I lie.

"Bullshit, you've been in here for a week and keep in mind I talk to Brin"

Dick.

I don't say anything, I look away. I've been in this shit hole for a week and i know I deserve it. It's Elle's birthday tomorrow and I hate I won't be there, I feel like I'm being punished for absolutely every bad thing I do. You see, i do a lot of bad things so this is my punishment, not being in prison..but missing out on my daughters life.

"It's Elle's birthday tomorrow" He gives me a sympathetic look.

"You don't think I know that!" I raise my voice.

"Listen, I'm doing everything I can here, Hunter. I'm trying to get you out and I'm trying to keep everything above water, your business, your family because you fucked up!"

"I know.." I sigh running my hands through my hair.

"Just pick up the phone and call her" he stresses.

She doesn't want to talk to me!

"I'll try" I lie, more.

"No, you'll do it" he demands.

"Alright. Fine."

We talk for an extra ten minutes, mostly him talking about my company and asking for my input but I couldn't care less. I asked him to get something for Elle from me, he gladly accepted on doing it.

Once I'm back in my room I lay down on the bottom bunk looking up at the picture of Elle that Brax gave to me, it's stuck in between the mattress above and the metal springs. I stare at it each night wishing I could be hearing her little giggles or watch her run wild. It's killing me that I'm going to miss yet another birthday and probably five after that.

"Is that your daughter or?" Myles asks staring at me while leaning against the metal sink.

He has shaggy brown hair, slim build and tattoos filling what looks like every inch of his body.

"Are you mute or something?, you've barley said four words the entire week"

"No, I'm not" I don't make eye contact.

"What are you in for man?"

"What are you in for?" he's super fucking nosey.

"Selling drug, What are you in for?"

"Stealing a vending machine" I lie.

"Bullshit" he laughs.

He jumps up into the top bunk causing it to squeak a lot and he continues to annoy me with his talking.

"I have a daughter you know, her name is Lilly"

"How old is she?" I ask.

"Four, almost five. How old is yours?"

"Three...tomorrow"

"That's sucks you won't be there" his tone sympathetic.

I don't want sympathy.

"Why do you hardly talk?"

"Because I just want to do my time and leave" i admit.

"Fair enough"