Chapter 35

Brinley's POV

"This is Jamie Willox...your Father" Brax says quietly.

What?

Hunter nibbles on the inside of his lip as he looks sternly at Brax.

"I told you to leave it" he calmly says. I know he's trying to compress his anger.

"But you need.." Brax begins before he was cut off by a shouting Hunter.

"I don't need anything! All I need is for you to fuck off and stop interfering with my life! I don't care if this MAN is my father, to my recollection I don't fucking have one!"

Hunter is now scowling red at Brax, I don't see this ending well but I don't know what to say. Elle is here and I don't want her to see this all kicking off.

I turn to Andie "Take her up to her room please" she nods before lifting Elle into her embrace and leaving the living room.

"Was that your daughter?" Jamie asks.

"It's none of your business is it!" His head snaps to Jamie, Jamie's face turns from shocked to hurt.

"It's your dad..come on Hunter" Brax sighs obviously noticing Jamie's hurt.

"I don't fucking care! Where was he when I was getting beaten by William huh!?, where was he when our mum died! Fucking no where! So don't sit and tell me that's my dad because he's done fuck all for me!"

"Hunter! It's your fucking dad! At least get to know him and understand why he wasn't there!" Brax raises his voice.

"I don't give a flying fuck Brax! I told you I didn't and you went and found him anyway! I don't want to know him and couldn't give a shit if it was a reasonable reason! I'm fine with my two girls, that's all I need! I don't want to know this worthless piece of shit!" Hunter shouts taking a step towards Brax.

"You're price of shit Hunter! You know that!" Brax takes a step towards him.

Oh fuck.

"It's not like I've not been told that before! Fuck off Brax, get out my house before I fucking make you!"

"Hunter, come here" I softly say.

All heads look towards me "What?" Hunter says sternly.

"I said come here, I want to talk to you in the kitchen"

He scowls walking by my side "Sort him out will you!" Brax says angrily.

"Zip it!" I point towards him.

Hunter smirks as I drag him into the kitchen, "if you're here to give me a lecture save it, i don't want to get to know him"

I smile "No, I get it. Remember what my mother did to me?"

"Yeah" he scowls.

"I understand, I'll make them leave" I flash him the brightest smile, reassuring him.

"Really? You're not mad that I screamed in his face" he chuckles pulling my arms to wrap around his waist.

"Nope, I'm one hundred percent on your side baby" I smile tilting my head to the side.