Chapter 27

I sit down behind my ugly desk. This place definitely needs renovating, it's not my style it's shit..pure utter shit.

I push a button on the phone sitting next to my computer, it makes a small buzz noise.

I hear a light knock on the door "Come in!" I shout.

"You buzzed?" Jacqueline says.

"Can you get me the best renovator?" I ask.

"Okay" she smiles, "I have these for you" she walks behind the desk placing a stack of papers onto my desk.

"What's this?" I ask.

"This is about the meeting you have in thirty minutes" she smiles down at me for a little too long.

"Alright" I pick up the first piece of paper and stare at it, I have no clue what I'm doing.

She stands watching me right by my side, why is she still here? "You can leave now" i gesture to the door.

"Okay" she sways her hips glancing back with a smirk.

Was that suppose to be sexy?

When she leaves I go through the papers carefully making sure I'm ready and understand everything as much as I can for the meeting when I check where the hotel will be built i go wide eyed instantly.

It's the diner where Brinley works. William really wanted to build a hotel there? I can't build it there now, she loves her job.

"The meeting is set up, they're in the room waiting" Jacqueline startles me as she stands at the door.

Fucking knock!

"Okay" I sternly say standing to my feet and straighten out my suit.

Jacqueline walks behind me and returns to her desk "Hunter.." she catches my attention.

"Good luck" she smiles.

"Thanks, Julia" I fake smile.

"It's Ja.." I leave before she can finish.

When I walk into the room, a long table is in the middle of the room. A male is sat at the further end with papers and coffee. I sit down across from him after shaking his hand.

Brinley's POV

"Hi dad" I sit beside him on the couch. He struggled to get out of bed but he did it, he also managed to take a shower which is amazing.

"Where's Elle?" He looks around.

"Brax took her for some ice creams with Lucas while Hunter is at work" I smile and lay my head on his shoulder.

"Why aren't you at work?" He leans his head on mine.

"I wanted to stay home with you" I sigh.

"I'll miss you, you know?" His voice becomes shaky.

"Dad..don't say that.." I shake my head slowly.

I hear him sigh before lifting his head from mine, "I won't even see you getting married"

"Dad.." I lift my head and look at him, his eyes are glossy red.

"Hello!" We hear the front door open and close.

We turns to see Mr.Green walking into the living room, "Hey" my dad wipes his eyes.