Chapter 30

I watch as her face drains of colour listening intently to Tom talk through the phone, she walks slowly to the door unlocking it and swinging it open

"Brin?" I try catching her attention.

She ignores and runs down the hall at an unthinkable speed, I follow her trying to keep up.

She's pretty fucking fast.

"Hunter!" Jac says.

Fuck off!

I ignore her managing to stop the elevator that Brin is in and slide through the doors, she smacks the button rapidly watching for the doors to close.

"What's wrong?" I grab her arms swinging her around. She better tell me what's wrong before I lose my shit.

She hangs up the phone cutting Tom off from speaking. She wraps her arms around my waist tightly burying her face into my chest.

"Brinley, what is wrong!?" I demand.

She shakes her head and the elevator tings when we reach ground floor, she unwraps her arms from around me and rushes through the hall and past security guards into the parking lot.

"Take me to the hospital!" She yells looks stressed.

"Okay!" I shout back, still unsure what's going on. Is it her dad? Did something happen to Elle?

I hope not!

I jump into my car and she jumps into the passengers side, she fastens her seatbelt and stares in front of her. I turn the key and drive immediately.

"What's wrong!" I shout not meaning to.

Is she deaf?

I glance back and forth between her and the road ahead, she just continues to stare in front like she's deep in thought. The colour in her face still hasn't returned.

"Brinley..I swear to god, if you don't tell me what is wrong!.." I'm beginning to get annoyed because I'm stuck in the unknown, I fucking hate it!

"Just please get to the hospital" she shakes her head looking down at her hands on her lap as she fiddles with her fingers.

When we make it to the hospital she jumps out and rushes for the entrance, I follow two steps behind her frantically.

"Arthur.." she says to the lady behind the desk but is cut off.

"Brinley..." Tom says coming down the hall in work uniform, he stands giving a sympathetic look to Brin.

Tom and Brin stare at each other for a few seconds before Tom shakes his head looking down.

"No.." she shakes her head.

"I'm so sorry sweetheart, we tried everything" he sadly coos.

She runs up wrapping her arms around his neck pulling him into her embrace, he wraps his arms tightly around her.

****

It's been a week since Arthur died, Brin hasn't shed one tear. I think she's in shock or in disbelief. All she does is stay in his room day and night, she hasn't really spoken much just to Elle mostly.

His funeral is tomorrow, I'm hoping it'll give her closure. Tom and I have arrange the whole funeral and Andie is coming home I'm also hoping that'll help her.

I've been making sure either Brax or Lucas can watch after Elle when I'm at work, I know Brin is capable but she needs time..I get it. I'm just home from work and Brax said she never left the room once all day, not to eat..nothing. I know I'll need to convince her to get some food in her.

"Brin.." I coo and walk towards Arthur's bedside.

She looks up at me and I bend down eye level, I tuck her hair behind her ear before cupping her cheek.

"I'm going for a shower" she says removing my hand and standing up. I hope she returns to herself soon, I hate seeing her like this.

She walks to her own bathroom and I follow like a lost puppy, she strips in front of me and turns the shower on and steps in closing the curtain, I sit on the toilet seat debating if I should join or not. I keep thinking she won't want me to join but I could be wrong.

"I'm fine Hunter.." she says but doesn't sound convincing. Is she trying to reassure me when it should be the other way around.

Fuck it.

I strip my clothes off pulling the curtain back, she doesn't flinch nor look towards me. I step in pulling the curtain closed, I wrap my arms around her waist from behind and kiss her shoulder.

"I know you're not but I'm here for you" I coo.

"I'm fine" she leans her head back into my shoulder. I know she's not.

"You can let it out in front of me, you know?" I whisper.

She turns in my arms and lays her chin on my shoulder I hold her tighter placing my hand on the wall burying my chin into her shoulder.

"I'm fine.." her voice cracks, I know shes holding it all in.. "I'm strong"

"I know. Crying doesn't make you less strong" I coo.

She nods not saying a word, "I love you" I whisper. I need to know she still loves me, she hasn't said it in a week.

"I love you" she whispers back, I feel my body relaxing hearing those words.

It's silent for a few moments before she finally speaks again, "I should've been there" she sniffles. "I should've been spending more time with him!" She sobs wrapping her arms around my waist.

That's it..let it all out.

"Shh shhh, you couldn't have known when he would pass" I trying reassuring her.

"I knew he was sick and I continued being hung up in my own shit! I'm such a horrible daughter, i'm so fucking stupid!" She cries.

"No you're not!.." i lift her head back to look at me, "You couldn't have known when it would happen. It doesn't make you stupid or a horrible daughter, for once in your entire life you've thought of your own happiness" I watch as her eyes soften as tears continues to escape.

"Don't bring yourself down ever again.." I say harshly.

She nods wrapping her arms around my neck hugging me tightly, I kiss her cheek holding her firmly.

___________________________

Please vote, comment and follow!☺️

Don't be a silent reader❤️

Love you all💕