The Beginning of The End

Quote of the chapter

"Stab the body and it heals, but injure the heart and the wound lasts a lifetime."

― Mineko Iwasaki

Song of the Chapter

Protector ~ City Wolf

~~~~~

The sounds of stifled sobs echoed through our heroes head, his sea green eyes transfixed on his two friends shrouds. Leo Valdez and Frank Zhang, heroically dying in the battle of Mount Olympus. 

A tear escaped Percy Jackson's eye, he could have prevented all of this. He felt the familiar weight of his girlfriends Annabeth Chase, head on his shoulder, her hand clutching his tightly her own tears in her steel coloured eyes. 

"It isn't your fault Percy, you couldn't have prevented this." Annabeth muttered as Percy sighed, holding her hand tighter for a moment before turning to her, using his thumb to wipe her tear away. Wondering how they will move on from the wound in their hearts. 

~One year later~

Percy Jackson had just entered camp Half-blood and was walking down the hill when his cousin Nico met him at the base of the hill. Nico twisting his skull ring in his hands nervously, his eyes darting every where except onto Percy's eyes. 

Percy frowned. "What is going on Nico?" 

The young son of Hades sighed as he ran his hand through his dark hair. "You were gone a while Percy, you've missed a lot, cousin." 

"It was only three months Nico, I have been gone longer." Percy replied, his heart telling him he didn't belong there anymore. He shook it off, as he trudged forward with his cousin hot on his tail, before Percy made it to the Athena cabin. As he was about to knock a soft gasp was heard, before knocking and walking into the cabin, revealing a shirtless guy on top of Percy's girlfriend. It was clearly consensual as she had her legs wrapped around his waist and her hands rubbing his back. 

"Annabeth?" Percy asked. 

The blond shot up to the sound of Percy's voice, her grey eyes first filled with hope and love till she realised she had been caught making out with another guy, her face was the one of horror. 

"Percy I can explain everything." Annabeth pleaded. 

"There is no need to explain anything, Annabeth. You can have this, I do not want anything more to do with you." Percy said steely calm, with each of his words Annabeth flinched. Praying he would just yell or scream or punch her new boyfriend, but him remaining calm was worse, showing that he was just done. Before she could open her mouth to reply he disappeared in a sea breeze, leaving just a ring in his place no sign he was even there. 

~~~

Percy reappeared outside his mother's apartment, his eyes blank. He wasn't mad, sad or anything just a hollowed out husk of a person. His mom would know what to do, plus him playing with his 4 month old little sister, Zoe,  always cheered him up. When he got to his mother's door however he noticed that the door was slightly ajar, he cautiously pulled his trusty sword Riptide out of  his pocket.  He pushed the door open slightly, seeing two Mahkai holding his mother, step-father and little sister hostage. 

"The boy will come after our master destroys his life at that pathetic camp." One gurgled, the other three heads laughed as Sally was silently sobbing as Paul looked around, knowing they were monsters but not exactly what. 

Percy glared at the monsters, before silently making his way into the home, Paul went to say something but one of the monsters slapped him. 

Percy snarled as he jumped out, stabbing the monster through both of it's hearts making it disintegrate into the golden monster dust, he was so familiar with monsters turning into. The other Mahkai ran at Percy in a rage, the monster wielding four short swords one in each hand as it took Percy everything he had to duck or block the strikes from the monster. He knew the Mahkai were amazing swordsmen, before Percy realised it though he kicked the monster back and than clenched his fist toward the monster. It suddenly froze, its features one of fear.