Chapter 13

Me and Matthew bolt for the kitchen. We run straight for the freezer and fridge. He gets a bunch of ice cream out while I get toppings. We pile it on the table. We get bowls and scoops. "Ok, after this we have to watch a comedy... what should we watch?" Matthew asks. I nod and smile. "White girls..." I say laughing. "Yes!" He shouts and I laugh. We start opening up lids.

"What's your favorite ice cream?" Matthew asks. "Nepolian." I reply. "Nepolian? Why?" He asks in a funny voice and I laugh. "Because it's three flavors in one. Chocolate, strawberry, and vanilla." I say. "Well we like all know chocolate is the best so..." He says in a valley girl voice and I laugh my butt off.

I pile on a bunch of icecream a in my bowl. "You know what would be better?" Matthew asks. "Huh?" I reply. "If we just make one big sundae together then share it." He says and a wide smile spreads across my face. I nod and he grabs my bowl and his and pours our ice cream in one big bowl. "Ok now for toppings!" He says like a five year old. I laugh. He grabs chocolate chips as I grab crushed Oreos.

He pours them on and so do I. He gives me a devilish smile. "What..." I ask him and he throws chocolate chips at me. My jaw drops with a smile. I grab the peanuts and throw some at him. We start throwing things at each other until I spray him with whip cream and we freeze. His jaw drops. "Now you're gonna get it." He says and I run. He chases me around while we laugh.

He's faster and grabs me by my waist then hugs me. Making whip cream get all over me. I pull away laughing and we have to catch our breathe. That's when we lock eyes. He leans in and stops when we are inches apart. Our eyes are still locked. But instead of kissing me he puts a bunch of whip cream on my face and laughs so hard he's now on the ground.

I laugh too and reach my hand out to help him up. He then grabs it but pulls me down with him. I fall on top of him and feel awkward so I move and fall to his side. I nudge his shoulder playfully and he does it back. He then gets up and helps me up. "Ok now let's make our sundae." He says with a smile. He grabs a rag and we clean up and walk back in the kitchen.

We put a bunch of toppings on and he finishes it while I make a blanket and pillow bed on the ground in the living room. I pull up white girls on Netflix. Matthew walks out with the sundae and two spoons. He sits by me.

"Press play gal and grab a spoon." He says like a valley girl again. I laugh again because his voice is hilarious. I press play and we dig into our sundae. We laugh really hard during the movie and I fall harder for Matthew each and every time he laughs and smiles.

MATTS POV

I'm falling for Alex. I know I am and can't believe I'm doing this with her. Her smile is beautiful and I love her laugh. I loved making the sundae with her and my stomach has been fluttering with butterflies this whole time. She laughs during the movie and so do I. I need her to be mine. I have to win her heart over before anyone else does. Maybe we can be together. Even though I'm broken... she probably doesn't even like me.

But I still want her as mine.