Chapter 11

I wake up to my head throbbing non stop. I feel like I'm gonna throw up. I notice how Matts arm is around me and feel really happy but then I feel vomit. I instantly dash for the bathroom and barf in the toilet. Im never drinking again. That's when I hear a slight groan come from the bed.

I hear Matthew get up and walk towards the bathroom and rub his eyes. "Well that sucked." He says and I manage a little giggle. I'm done throwing up and flush the toilet so Matthew can't see. I look in the mirror and my make up is smudged and my hair is everywhere. I clean my face off and brush my hair.

When I walk out Matt comes up and hugs me. I'm startled and still tired but I hug back. "I can't believe you did that for me." I say quietly to him. "Well you're my best friend..." He says trailing off. I manage a smile. When he said that I felt butterflies. My hearts screaming yes and my mind is screaming no.

"Really?" I ask him. We are still hugging and I love the feeling. "Of course." He says and we break the hug. "But I don't feel so hot." He says chuckling and I laugh a little too. I laugh and roll my eyes. "Go throw up already." I laugh. He chuckles and goes in the bathroom. I don't know if I should follow my heart or not.

Every time I let someone in they break me. Especially boys. And I can't let anyone know about my scars. I sit on the bed and I'm tired, my head is panging and I'm making it worse by thinking too hard. I feel like I can trust Matthew... but that's what I thought about the others.

Matthew comes out of the bathroom and looks cleaned up. "Feeling better?" I ask him. "Yeah." He says with a smile. I get up and as Matthew walks to the bed he accidentally bumps into me, hitting one of my thighs. I flinch in pain and grab my thigh. It has a stinging sensation. "Oh my gosh are you ok?" Matthew asks me worried right by my side.

"Yeah I'm fine." I say holding back tears. Damn, why did that hurt so bad? "Is your thigh alright? I guess I bumped into you a hard... I'm sorry." Matthew says sympathetically. I look up at him and our gaze locks. I quickly turn away though because I know where that would've probably lead to. "Yeah I'm fine." I say quietly and assuring. Matthew holds his position for a while but then grabs his phone.
"Wanna go down stairs and see how bad the others are?" Matthew asks.

MATTS POV

After I ask that Alex laughs a little. Damn her laugh is so perfect. I just want to kiss her but I can't. She needs to gain my trust. When I bumped into her thigh on accident I knew right away that she has scars. I barely bumped into her. Since it hurt so bad she must've recently cut. I wanted to hug her and hold her tight.

Then it hits me... did she cut because of me? I shake that out of my head. But I want to cut myself so bad. I never wanted to hurt her. I just reacted to my feelings. We get up and walk out the door and see the messy hallway. It smells of alcohol and drugs and is littered with red solo cups and things like streamers and garbage.

We go downstairs and I can look at Alex. She laughs and I see what she's laughing at. Where we played truth or dare, Taylor and Andrea are passed out except Taylor has his arm around her and Andrea is snuggled up to his chest.
It's so adorable. I laugh too and take a picture but I'd never post it. Jenn is on a table passed out with a red solo cup in her hand. She's never gotten waisted before... this should be funny. Everyone is passed out somewhere except Cameron who walks out of a bathroom down stairs.

"Morning guys." He says. "Morning" I reply. I don't think he got drunk last night. He's wearing a white tank. (Cameron is how he looks in the picture above FYI) He looks at Alex and smiles and she smiles back. I get kind of jealous. Don't worry Matthew, he's friends with like every girl and does that to everyone.

"How about you guys go back home... I don't think anyone will be up and ready for a while." He says laughing. "What about cleaning up?" Alex asks. "We can take care of that." Cameron says with a smile. He looks at me and winks and I just roll my eyes and laugh a little.
Me and Alex walk out to the car.

Andrea can give them a ride home. I open the door for Alex and she just laughs and gets in. I smile and then shut it. I get in and drive off. I love being close to Alex. We arrive at the house and get out. We walk side by side as we walk in the house together.
"So... whatcha want to do?" Alex asks. "Wanna get dressed then play video games?" I ask and she laughs. "What?" I ask with a smile. "I suck at video games and have only played once." She says. "Why?" I ask her. He smile fades a little. "All my other foster homes never let me go and play. Just locked me up. I only played once when I snuck out to a neighbors once and they let me play Mario cart." She says.

I feel horrible. Her child hood must've not been so good. I give her a look of sympathy and just want to wrap my arms around her. "But you can teach me I guess." She says smiling looking down. I feel happiness flood my heart and butterflies burst. I smile wide. "Yeah of course." I assure her and she giggles at my smile and my cheeks turn a shade of light pink.

We walk upstairs and we go in our rooms. I pull out a black Tshirt and black sweatpants then some American Eagle boxers. I take a shower and am so happy I get to spend the day with Alex alone.

ALEXS POV

I've been getting butterflies this whole time with Matthew. He's so handsome and cute...

I go in my room and grab a baggy black Tshirt with the vans logo on it then some grey sweatpants and under garments. I hop in the shower getting the smell of alcohol off me. I get done and get ready. I leave my hair down and brush it and hair dry it. I leave no make up on and walk out of the shower.

I walk out of my room and so does Matthew. And holy shit does he look good in black. He sees me staring. "Take a picture it lasts longer." Matthew says laughing and I giggle and blush but stop right away and run into my arm covering my wrist. I hope he didn't see my wrist. Holy shit that was close. I throw on my bracelets and walk back out.

Matthews looking at me confused. "You ok?" Matthew asks worried. "Yeah I just needed to out on some bracelets." I say quietly. Before he could say anything else I head for the stairs. He hesitates and walks down right behind me. I feel eyes on my the whole time and know he's looking at my wrist.

We get down stairs and he turns on the game system. He hands me a controller with a smile and I smile back at him. This'll be fun... even though I suck.