Chapter 23

@macbarbie1641 You won the contest😊 Congrats. Be prepared for what happens next though... and you didn't tell me what you looked like so I'm just making it up.
///////////////////////////

ALEXS POV

I wonder what they were talking about. Especially when Matthew said how he wasn't interested. Hmm... Anyways I'm still hugging Matthew when the doorbell rings. We sadly have to pull apart. Matthew gets the door and Jack, a blonde that's attached to him, Andrea, Cameron, and another girl walks in.

"Hey guys! This is my new girlfriend Kayla. This is her friend Vivian. They just got here from Florida." Jack says and we all wave. Vivian keeps eyeing Matthew and it makes me uncomfortable. Andrea walks over to me and sits down. Vivian is so pretty though... my stomach turns and I want to cry. What if she does like Matthew. What if Matthew ends up liking her!

She has a sexy body, perfect wavy long dark hair, perfect tanned skin, pretty brown eyes, perfect teeth, booty Jean shorts, grey crop top, black vans... I try and snap myself out of it but that's when Vivian walks up to me and Andrea.

"Hey I'm Vivian." She says. I force a smile. "Hi I'm Alex." "I'm Andrea." We introduce ourselves. "Does Matthew have a girlfriend?" Vivian whispers to me and Andrea. My eyes go wide and Andrea puts a hand on my shoulder. "U-Uh..." I don't know what to say. "Well whatever. Even if he does I'll steal him." She says with a smirk. "That's rude to break a relationship up don't you think?" Andrea says.

"Eh, whatever." Vivian says and my heart shatters and I want to kill her. Thats why Matthew said he wasn't interested.... but soon he will be. "Awwee... does somebody have a whittle crushy rushy on Matchew?" Vivian asks me with a pouty face. I glare at her and she laughs. "That sucks." She gets up and walks over to Matthew. She starts talking with him and he looks back at me. I quickly look away and turn towards Andrea who's looking at me with sympathy.

I shrug my shoulders. "It's not like he likes me anyways." I say and Andrea sighs. "What?" I ask. "You're so clueless! Yes he does! He told us that." She instantly covers her mouth after she says it and my heart flutters. He likes me? Oh my gosh he likes me! But then I feel like a train hit me because I remember what Vivian said. "Lets go up to your room." Andrea says and we stand up.

Cameron runs over to us. "Care if I join?" He asks and I just nod my head that he can. We walk up to my room and shut the door. Cameron instantly hugs me. I hug him back instantly. "Vivian's a bitch." Cameron says making me laugh. "Yeah." I agree. "I'm so sorry Alex. But you have to fight back too." Andrea says and Cam nods his head in agreement.

We pull out of the hug. "Jack wants to go to the beach. Me and Andrea are already dressed." Cameron says. "Ok." I say. They leave and I groan. Great... Matthew gets to see Vivian in a bikini. I pull out a light blue bikini, bracelets, and my high swim shorts with my bikini to cover my scars and put a white muscle tee over it with jean shorts. I brush my hair out. I walk out only to see Matthew walking into his room.

"Hey." Matthew says. I just give him a weak smile and speed walk downstairs. When I reach downstairs Jack and Kayla are flirting while Cam and Andrea are sitting on the couch talking... But there's no sign of Vivian. I walk over to Cam and Andrea. "Where's Vivian?" I ask. "I don't know... I think she's in the kitchen." Cam says. I roll my eyes and walk in the kitchen to grab a banana and see if Vivian's in there.

To my luck she is. She's smirking as she scrolls through her phone. "Hey." Vivian says with a smirk. "Hi." I say a little harshly and she giggles a little. "So... I got Matthews number." She says and I want to pounce at her but control myself. "Cool." I say back calmly. "I put him in as my Boyfriend." She says and I feel like I just got punched in the gut.

I grab my banana and glare at her. "Ooohh did I make you pissed?" She asks. "Just back off." I say. "Sure... I'll be hanging with Matthew anyways." She says and walks out of the kitchen. I hear Matthew out there and walk out while eating my banana. Kayla smiles at me sweetly and I smile back.

"Ok let's go." Jack shouts with a smile and we all walk outside. Vivian catches up so she's by Matt and jumps on his back laughing. My heart shatters. Andrea puts her arm around me and same with Cameron so I'm in between them. Matthew looks back but I avoid eye contact. I hear him sigh and look away. We make it to the beach and walk down. Its only 2 in the afternoon.

Matthew makes Vivian get off his back and he walks toward me. "Hey." He says. I look down. "Hi." I reply. Cameron and Andrea leave so we are alone. "Look... I have no interest in Vivian. I promise." He says. I look up at him. "It's fine." I say. "What's fine?" He asks. "If you were to like her." I say with each word breaking my heart more. "But I dont!" He pleads. He then hugs me.

I feel so safe and happy in his arms. I look over his shoulder and Vivian is glaring at us. She rolls her eyes and walks away. I smile. Thank god.

"I believe you." I tell Matthew. He pulls away and smiles. "Now let's swim." He says all cheery. I laugh and he takes my hand and we run into the water together. Jack and Kayla are splashing around in the water. Jack usually is a player but I can see he actually likes this girl. Vivian comes into the water which makes me uncomfortable.

Then I realize I have to use the bathroom. Crap... I can't leave Vivian wide open to Matthew! But I can't hold it. "Matt I have to go use the bathroom." I tell him. "Ok." He says with a smile. I quickly get out of the water and make my way to the bathroom. I do my business and wash my hands. I walk back out onto the beach and see Vivian and Matthew in a splash war.

This makes me really broken and frustrated. I walk over to my towel and pull out my phone and text Andrea that I'm going home because I don't feel good. She'll see it once they get done swimming. I pull on my clothes and walk back to my house.

I can't stop thinking of Vivian. What the hell!? Why did I deserve this? Matthew will probably start liking her... but it's not a surprise. I let a tear slip down my cheek. Whatever. Everything good that happens to me ends up bad anyways. I walk inside the house and run up to my room locking the door. To calm myself down I write it down, play with my hair, put music on but it doesn't work.

It's been at least an hour and they are still not back. I check my phone and see I have a couple of messages.

A-Andrea

A- 😔 Ok. I know it's Vivian. I'll be over as soon as possible.

A- Slight delay, everyone wants to get food so Matthew is coming back right now.

I put my phone away. Where's Matthew then? I wipe my face and take a shower. I dry my hair and slip on sweats and a baggy vans shirt. I open my door and walk downstairs. I get in the living room and want to scream. Vivian has her lips all over Matthews. My jaw drops and tears fall. I run back upstairs and they hear me. "Alex!" Matthew yells after me but I keep running. I slam my door shut and lock it. Blades... I need my blades.