Chapter 12

I take a seat on the couch and so does Matthew. I feel far away from him. He pats the spot by him. "How can I teach you if you're not close to me?" he says with a smile. I smile and scooch over by him. That's when he puts his arm around my waist and pulls my so I'm right by him. My heart picked up its pace really fast and butterflies flew nonstop when he touched me and did that.

He pulls me by him so that our sides are touching. He takes his arm back and holds his controller. "There." He says quietly locking our gaze. Before he can lean in I blink rapidly and sigh. "U-um we should start playing." I say with a weak smile. He nods and gives me a smile and hits play.

"Which course do you wanna take?" He asks as Mario cart appears. A smile spreads across my face. I haven't played video games except for that one time. "I can't really remember what courses there are..." I say trailing off with a laugh under my breathe. "We'll start easy." He says nudging my shoulder playfully and I laugh.

"Ok I have like no idea how to play this." I say and he chuckles. "Here." He says as he places his hands over mine. There's that feeling again. I can't help but smile and my cheeks turn pink. He notices and blushes. "u-uh... this is to... go and this is to um... shoot." He explains the controls to me while stuttering and I think it's the cutest thing.

We start to play and I instantly lose. He laughs and I nudge him playfully. "Its not funny!" I say while smiling and he can't control his laughter. We try again and Matthew clearly goes easy on me. I nudge him and he laughs. I love his laugh. Every Time he laughs it makes my heart melt slower each time. His smile... shit... I think I have a crush.

He wouldn't feel that way for me though. That makes me frown but I shake it off my mind. That's when I die. He chuckles and I force a smile. He looks at me and his smile fades. "Hey... you ok?" he asks worried. "Yeah, yeah... I-I'm fine." I say in an assuring voice. He shuts the game system off and I look at him confused. "Alex... are you..." But he's cut off by everyone bursting through the door.

They see us on the couch with controllers in our hands. Everyone but Cameron looks horrible and sick. Jenn runs to the bathroom and locks it. Clearly she's throwing up. Taylor has a look of pain on his face and runs upstairs and all Cameron can do is laugh. I look at Matthew and he looks a little disappointed. Andrea walks in looking horrible.

Cameron plops on the couch and let's out a sigh. "So... Nash and Jack were too sick that they had to go home." He says with a laugh. "Watcha been up to." Cameron asks in a five year old voice. "Teaching Alex how to play video games." Matthew says quietly. Camerons jaw drops. "You've never played video games!?" he asks surprised. "Well I have once and now twice and it's always been Mario Cart." I assure Cameron.

"What the hell! That must've sucked." Cameron says. Well my whole life does. I wanted to blurt out but didn't. I just smile and nod. Jenn comes out of the bathroom. "Look... guys. Can someone give me a ride home?" Jenn asks looking like she'll vomit again. "I will. Andrea! I'm gonna drive you and Jenn home!" Cameron yells up to them.

Andrea makes her way out in the living room and they leave. I wave goodbye to them.

Then I realize... It's summer! I feel all warm and happy. But that's when my phone rings. I answer it. "Alex!" A cranky lady yells at me through the other line. Matthew gives me a confused look. "Um... who is this?" I ask the lady. "It's your old fucking foster mom." And that's when a flashback replays in my head.

Flashback:

I finally get to leave this place. Im in my foster house right now that is basically a shack. I take my one and only back pack and stuff my valuables in it which isn't a lot at all. I just have to wait till tomorrow. And then my door bursts open showing a pissed looking Agatha. She abuses me...