Chapter 4

I hate Jake already. What the hell did Matthew do? "Back off." I say towards Jake but all he does is smirk. "Whatever babe." Jake says and I want to gag. Cameron walks over and helps Matthew off the floor. He says thanks but otherwise looks down. When he gets back up I decide to say something. "Hey, are you ok?" I ask him but he doesn't even look up. "Yeah I'm fine." He says and walks passed me.

I've heard the words I'm fine a lot and mostly they come out of my mouth. I've never heard them come out of someone like him. I feel bad for him. I look up and that's when I see two girls running at us with smiles. They reach us. "Hey!" The blonde says. "Who's this?" The brunette asks with a smile. "Guys this is Alex my new foster sister. Alex, the blonde is Jenn and the brunette is Andrea." He says. They come up to me and hug me. "Oh yeah! I helped design your room." Jenn says. "Oh yeah! Thanks I really like it" I tell her and she smiles.

They are both really pretty. Then that's when the bell rings. Taylor pulls my schedule out of his pocket and hands it to me. "Thanks." We walk down the halls together and I get to my locker. Nobody's close to me but that's when Matthew comes by me and I guess we are locker neighbors. I put my combination in and put my stuff way and get what I need. My first class is Math.

I start heading towards the room when someone shoves my shoulder making me drop everything. I look and see its a girl. She's laughing with her other friend. She looks like a bitch with blond curls and too much make up. But then there's her friend who just straight up looks like a slut. "Oops" She says. I get down and pick up my things then walk to class. Screw them.

I walk in and sit in the way back and that's when Taylor and Matthew walk in. Taylor sits by me and Matthew sits on the other side. I guess I don't look too happy because Taylor nudges me gently. "You ok? You look pissed." He asks. "It's nothing. I'm fine." I assure him. That's when Jake and his annoying buddies storm in laughing and messing around. They spot us and sit in front of us.

Jake sits right in front of me so I lean back in my chair so I'm not as close. Jake turns around and looks at Matthew. "Hey worthless." He says then pushes Matthews stuff on the floor. Matthew sighs and picks his things up. Why does Jake bully him? Matthews cute and nice... at least I think he's nice.

Taylor rolls his eyes. "Back off Jake." Taylor says to him and Jake laughs. "And what are you gonna do about it Caniff?" Jake asks. I just sit back looking down at my thighs. Taylor just sighs and leans back in his chair too. "That's what I thought." Jake says and turns back around. And that's when the bell rings. The teacher walks in.

"Hello class. I'm Mr.Stevens and I'll be being your math teacher this year. I was told we have a new student but instead of making her come and introduce herself, we are all going to stand up, say our names, and one thing about us." Mr.Stevens says and a lot of the class sighs. That's when we start.

It gets to Taylor and he stands up. "Hi, my name is Taylor Caniff and I like bandanas." He says and sits back down and that's when I slowly stand up. "Hi... my name is Alex Valentine. And I just moved here yesterday." I say and sit back down avoiding looks. That's when Matthew gets up. "Hi I'm Matthew and I... like to make others smile." He says then quickly sits back down. Jake turns around. "You sure make me smile when I see you hit the floor." He says and laughs.

I getting a burning feeling of anger in me and want to kill Jake. I look over at Matthew but he's just looking at the teacher. I look away and feel bad. Why doesn't Taylor want me to get close to Matthew? If anything I want to. I feel bad for him... it's as if he's broken. Like me.