Chapter 6

I barely got any sleep from thinking of Matthew. My alarm went off and I slammed my hand on it. I do not want to get up at all. I groan really loud and force myself up remembering Matthews here. Do I like him? No... at least I don't think so. I seriously just got here! Just give it some time.

I get up, do my routine, leave my hair down while putting on a black loose Tshirt that says pink on it with some white Jean shorts and black vans. My scars on my thighs are high up so I can still wear shorts but I put on a bunch of bracelets to cover up my left arms wrist. I walk out of my bedroom and see Matthew walking out of Taylor's room. He gives me a little smile so I return one back.

We walk downstairs together but are silent. We both look really tired.

MATTS POV

We walk downstairs silently but I really want to talk to her. She looks so beautiful and I feel really bad for her. Does she have scars like me? Maybe... does she still cut? Wouldn't doubt it. But what kind of girl would want a boy who cut? My cuts aren't super deep. They aren't really deep at all.

Sometimes I cut tiny cuts non stop and other times I cut medium cuts that draw more blood. Sad to say.
We get downstairs when Jenn runs in front of us and stops. "Stop! Ugh! You guys just look so..." But before Jenn could finish Andrea ran up behind her and covered her mouth saying shh.
What was that all about? "Don't say anything!" Andrea whisper yelled at Jenn. "What are you talking about?" I ask confused. "Oh nothing." Andrea says but Jenn licks her hand and Andrea pulls away disgusted. "We think you guys would look good together!" Jenn yells leaving me and Alex in an awkward stare.

Her cheeks flush red and so do mine. "Jenn you're fucking stupid!" Andrea yells. "Sorry..." Jenn says in an unbelievable way. Jenn runs off. Taylor then walks out of the kitchen seeing Jenn run passed him. And then he sees me and Alex all awkward.

"Shit... she told didn't she." Taylor says disappointed. Andrea just nods and rolls her eyes. I look at Alex who's eyes meet mine too but we both instantly look away. She looks so cute all awkward like that... what's wrong with me?

I'm wearing black sweatpants, a white Tshirt and my black vans. Taylor sighs. "Sorry guys... I guess it must be pretty awkward now." Taylor says disappointed. But before I could say anything Alex did. "No it's fine." She says quietly. "No, I can tell it's awkward." Taylor says disappointed again.

Me and Alex look at each other but look away again. "Yeah... I guess it is kind of awkward." I admit quietly and see Alex look up at me but look away.

ALEXS POV

Does he not like me? Did he even like me in the first place? Oh my gosh I'm on the urge of tears. I've never dated a guy but I've got pranks pulled on me by them or they simply pulled harsh tricks on me. I don't get why I hurt that much. I can't believe I thought he liked me in the first place.

I just quietly walk into the kitchen after Matthew said it is kind of awkward. Thanks a lot Jenn. I guess it is kind of awkward. I walk passed the living room door and see Cameron and Nash watching tv. Then I walk in the kitchen and there's Jack leaning on the table while eating cereal but he finishes and puts his bowl away right when I come In. And boy can I say... it's really awkward in here alone with him.

We make eye contact but I look away. He sighs. "Listen Alex... I don't want things to be awkward between us. Yes you heard about my reputation and I'm sorry I even tried last night." He says. I look at him and I think he really meant it. "Its fine. I forgive you." I say and grab the cereal. He smiles. "Anyways... you and Matt would look better together anyways." He says smirking.
I just look up at him with a glare.

"Damn, what's your problem?" He asks raising his hands in surrender. "Jenn just happened to say that to me and Matthew just like five minutes ago making Matthew now feel awkward around me." I say.

"Wait... Jenn seriously fucking told you guys?" Jack asked kind of pissed. "Yeah but it's fine" I say shrugging my shoulders. "No. It's not. Because now it's awkward between you two." He says disappointed. I just shrug my shoulders. That's when Jenn runs in and hugs me.

"Oh my gosh Alex I'm so sorry! I made a huge mistake and should've never said that to you guys but I thought it would help or do something to make you guys closer." She says really fast. I hug back. "Its ok. I just got here anyways and I just met him." I tell her. "True..." She says.

I eat some cereal and grab my backpack and we all head off to school. I don't want to talk to Matthew right now only because he feels awkward around me. I frown at that thought. Cameron puts his arm around my shoulder like the other day. "I heard what happened. I'm sorry." Cameron whispers in my ear. "It's fine. I just got here anyways. Plus, Matthew has a girlfriend." I tell him and he looks at me really confused.

"Matthew doesn't have a girlfriend." Cameron says confused. "Yeah he does. His girlfriend Brittany found my number and told me last night." I tell Cam but he just sighs and rolls his eyes. "That's Brittany for ya." He says. "He's not dating her. She only says that so he doesn't date you because they don't want him to be happy." Cameron says. I look at Matthew and he's just looking down at his arms. One hand is around one wrist. But he lets go and just lets them hang on his sides.

I look away. Does he cut? Oh my gosh please don't let him cut. I feel horrible. "That's sad." I say looking down. "But I honestly think you two are perfect for each other for some reason. We all were talking about it. Hes a little..." Cameron trails off.

"Broken." I finish his sentence and he just nods.