2-birthday suprises

^^^^^^thats jake btw

1 YEAR LATER

"Jake come on!" I giggled, pulling my boyfriend into the restaurant. He chuckled and followed in behind me, kissing my temple. I met jake about seven months ago, and he seemed like a breath of fresh air from the whole memory loss thing. I live in Britain with my parents now, and I study architecture in Cambridge. (Idk if they do architecture in Cambridge but yea just go along with it 😂)

My parents told me about the kidnapping, but there hasn't been anything weird happening to me so I wasn't all that scared. It was my birthday and jake has taken me out to to one of the fanciest restaurants in our area.

"Welcome, do you have a reservation?" The waitress asked, eyeing jake up and down, I rolled my eyes.

"Yes. I made a reservation for me and my girlfriend at 7 under the name Simpson" he told her, emphasising the world girlfriend. She glared at me and I just fake smiled at her.

We got to our table and the waitress left in a huff.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

"This is the best food I've ever had, but I literally cannot take another bite" I said, patting my full stomach. Jake chuckled, before scooping up the leftover cake I had and eating it. I laughed lightly, taking a sip of my Champaign.

"Here is the bill sir" the waiter said, handing jake the bill. We got a new waiter because jake complained about the last one. And of course I didn't not mind at all

"How much is it?" I asked, knowing it wasn't going to be cheap.

"Wow. It's a lot. I don't think I'm gonna be able to pay the whole thing" he said, wiping his forehead.

"I can pay half" I told him, trying to find my purse. He chuckled, grabbing my hand that was on the table.

"Ash, I'm joking. There's no way in hell im going to make my girlfriend pay for her birthday meal" he said, rubbing his thumb in circles on my hand. I laughed softly.

"Thanks jakey. But you know I would of paid half" I told him, making him laugh more.

"I know, but your not going to" he replied, placing the cash on the little tray, leaving a £5 for tip.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

He drove us back to his place, and we spent the rest of the night in our pajamas eating ice cream and watching my favourite movies. It was a night of pure bliss and probably much better then it would of been if I'd stayed at home with my parents. Don't get me wrong, I love them and I know they love me, it's just. I don't know. It's like they never had time for me. I've slowly started to realise why I stayed in America for school.

I spent most of my time at jakes house anyways. His house was pretty big. His dad owned a multi-million pound company. It had something to do with cars. I'm not sure about the specifics though.

We went up to his room, and he was asleep in the bed next to me, his arm lazily wrapped around my stomach. My phone buzzed on the nightstand next to me, and I reached for it, careful not to wake jake.

Happy birthday doll. Can't wait to see you soon. You looked so beautiful tonight. What a shame it was wasted on someone like him
-C

My heart rate increased to a mile a minute. I shook jake awake, not being able to control the shaking in my hands.

"Ashley? What's wrong?" He asked, sitting up. I said nothing, just handed him my phone. He read the text, his eyes widening.

"What the fuck" he mumbled, looking at me. He saw my teary face and sighed sadly, pulling me into his chest. I sobbed quietly, while he just held me.

"Hey, shhhhhh. It's probably just some weirdo that wants a good scare from you" he whispered, rubbing my back with one hand while he held me with the other.

"W-What if I-it's him-m" I stuttered, crying some more.

"Baby he's gone. He's not here and he never will be. I'll keep you safe, okay. I won't let anything hurt you. I promise" he whispered into my ear, pulling me closer to him. My crying had died down and I was laying on his chest, as my eyes started to get heavy.

"Go to sleep babe. I got you" he whispered, turning off the lamp. I curled into his side and he pulled me as close to him as he could, wrapping his arms around me.

"I got you" he whispered, and I fell into a torturing sleep.