21-pancakes

I woke up and stretched out. It had been a couple of weeks since I found out about maggie's disappearance, and I still couldn't wrap my head around it. Caleb rolled around, before peeling open one of his eyes.

"What time is it?" He asked, his voice groggy and laced with sleep. I giggled and looked at the clock next to the bed.

"10:30" I replied, getting out of the bed.

"Where are you going?" He asked me, rubbing his eyes.

"To make breakfast. One of us has to do it" I laughed, walking out of the room. I heard another loud sound from michaels room, but brushed it off. Caleb said they were kinda 'freaky'. So I had learnt now not to question it. But I did quickly knock on the door to see if they wanted breakfast. There was a loud thud and a door slamming before a frantic looking Michael opened the door. His hair was messy and his eyes looked kinda bloodshot, but he smiled none the less.

"Ashley, hey. What's, uh, what's up?" He said in a way too cheerful tone.

"Uhhh, I was just wondering if you and your girlfriend wanted breakfast" I said back, giving him a sceptical look.

"Yeah, sure. But, I'll come down and get it. Okay? Cool" he replied, before slamming the door in my face. I huffed out, before turning away and walking downstairs.

The fridge was pretty much empty, but there was some ingredients for pancakes, so I just used them.

As I was cooking second batch, after Michael had come down and take two plates upstairs, Caleb walked in.

"Smells good" he complimented, pulling out a chair at the table and sitting down. I swear, every morning he acts like he's hungover. I guess he's just realllyy not a morning person.

"Thanks" I mumbled, placing the last few pancakes on plates and walking over to him. I placed one down infront of him, taking a seat opposite.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~

We finished the pancakes and I walked over to the sink to start washing the plates up. The sink was half filled with water and my hands were already getting wrinkly. As I moved into the second plate I could feel a gaze in the back of my head.

"It's rude to stare you know" I chuckled. I didn't get a response so I turned around to see Caleb less than a meter away from me. His stare was intense and I couldn't help but blush.

"Can't help it" he mumbled, stepping closer. We were staring at each other for what felt like hours, but was probably only a few minutes. His hands met my hips, pulling me closer to him. We were both leaning in, when I felt something splash my leg. I ignored it, but then there was a loud splashing sound, and water all over the floor. I spun around, seeing the sink flooded and water getting everywhere.

"Shit!" I yelled, grabbing some towels as I heard Caleb awkwardly cough behind me. I turned the tap off and started to clean up the water, getting it all over my hands and knees.

"Here, let me help" Caleb said, crouching down besides me

"No its fine. I got it" I said back, putting the soaked towels on the counter.

"Seriously, let me help" he replied, trying to get a towel.

"It's fine!" I yelled, instantly regretting it. He nodded slightly, getting up and going to walk away.

"Wait, Caleb. I'm sorry I snapped. I didn't mean to" I mumbled, staring at the floor. I heard him sigh.

"It's fine. But I just wanted to help" he told me, placing the last towel on the remainder of the water.

"I know" I muttered. It went silent, both of us not really knowing what to say.

"Well, even though I'm loving standing here saying and doing absolutely nothing, I'm in the mood to watch some Brooklyn nine-nine. You coming?" He asked, walking into the living room. I laughed lightly before following behind him.

No shame is now officially my new favourite song 😍🤩