Epilogue

YOSEF

You can't predict life. It is full of surprises na minsan ay hindi natin inakalang mangyayari.

That same day, I realized that fate is not in my hands anymore. What I have to do is to accept it at iyon naman ang ginawa ko.

Hindi dahil sa mahal natin ang isang tao ay kailangan nating maging selfish. Time will come when we have to let go of their hand and let them fly.

I've learned that love should not serve as a chain, it should be our key.

Susi upang palayain ang sarili natin.

The moment I saw the monitor with a flat line, I knew I have to accept it. Kailangan kong tanggapin that this will be our end. This is our fate at wala na akong kakayahan pang baguhin ito.

But then God is bigger than my fears.

The doctors were able to revived her in the last minute. She fought hard. I knew she did. At iyon ang ipinagpapasalamat ko, na hindi siya sumuko.

It took a month before she finally gained consciousness.

I was there all throughout. Magdamag ko siyang binantayan because that's the least thing that I could do for her.

When she finally woke up, I just watch her from the glass window with her dad and Khaleb. Hindi ko na binalak na magpakita pa sa kaniya.

Nakita ko siyang ngumiti. Her eyes gleamed as she spoke to Khaleb and her father. Sapat na iyon sa akin para maging masaya.

Mapait akong ngumiti at ninamnam ang mga huling sandali habang nakatitig sa babaeng minamahal ko.

This is damn hard for me but I have to do it. Tumalikod na ako at naglakad palabas sa ospital. I've caused her too much pain at sapat na iyong dahilan para lumayo.

God knows how much I love her but loving her is also my limitation.

To save her is to walk away from her.

I've learned from my mistakes before.

Hindi sa lahat ng pagkakataon ay kailangan nating sundin ang puso natin. Minsan mas kailangan nating isipin yung taong minamahal natin more than our feelings. More than our desire to be with them kasi iyon ang tunay na pagmamahal.

Love is pure when we know that our main intention is to make them happy, not to make our own happiness out of them.

I know that both of us will bleed. Both of us will be in pain again but time will come and those scars will heal.

When it happens, maybe I'll take the opportunity again, if there is.

CHEN

Two years had passed and I'm still thankful for my second life.

That experience made me more determined to save others as a doctor.

"Tita Mommy!" I heard a cute angel's voice.

"Yana!" I said and hug her tight.

"Tita Mommy I missed you so much. Hindi ka na nakakabisita sa amin sa bahay. Tampo na ako."

I chuckled on her expression. Napaka-active at sobrang bibo na niya.

"I'm sorry baby. Tita Mommy is just busy with her patients. You know how important they are, right?"

She curled her lips and nodded.

"Opo. Please save them Tita Mommy like what you did to me before. I want them to live happy too."