A Tiny Weeny Baby

Joe held Connie's hand tight, as they walked into a familiar building, memories flooding back. Once inside and signed in, Joe let go of her hand, as they walked towards a room that was also pretty familiar.

"Connie you have to wait okay," Joe explained to her, hearing music coming from the room in question.

"Dot is absolutely in there?" Connie checked, looking up at him, eyes wide with excitement.

"Definitely, she's rehearsing with the other pros. We just have to wait until the music stops so we don't interrupt," he lifted her onto a seat next to the door, passing her a snack from his pocket.

"Nowd?"

"Yep, go and knock," Joe encouraged, feeling the excitement bubble inside.

From inside Joe heard a 'come in' so he ushered her in and followed, eyes instantly finding his redhead taking a drink from her water bottle. She looked stunning with little makeup and hair tied up in a bun. This was the Dianne Joe had fallen in love with. The Dianne who wasn't scared of being messy or looking untidy. This Dianne who loved her body and all it's parts. This was when, other than when she was asleep, she looked her most beautiful. This Dianne... this Dot... this was his Dianne. His and Connie's.

"Dot we was so absolutely bored at home vat we came and surprised you! We miss you all the day," Connie shouted, running over straight away to Dianne who looked stunned. She crouched in time for Connie to reach her and lifted her into a big hug to the coos of the other professional dancers.

Dianne's eyes met his across the room and she pouted before focusing her attention on Connie. She tangled her fingers in Connie's hair, as she held her tightly, eyes closed whilst she remembered how she felt at this moment in time. Despite the fact that she he hadn't had the pleasure of having Connie as long as everyone else Dianne was sure of something that she had known almost from the day she met her; life with no Connie wouldn't be worth existing for.

"'Ello," Joe eventually said, having given Connie enough time alone to hug Dianne. The five year old had wriggled down, having planted millions of kisses over Dianne's face, to see her Auntie Janette and Auntie Amy.

Dianne wrapped her arms around him burying her face into his neck, "what are you doing here?"

"We thought we'd come and watch you dance and then take you home via a food place. Take you on a mini day date," Joe explained, before adding, "I messaged Jason so that we didn't interrupt."

"You're so cute, it's a slow number for the big B so you'll love it," Dianne said, wanting to get rehearsing over with so she could spend some quality time with her family.

"Con, come on let's sit and watch," Joe called, sitting on one of the many benches around the room.

"Tan't I dance vough?" She asked, stroppily waking towards him, a right attitude on her which of cause caused all of the grown ups to laugh.

"I'll teach you a little bit after Connie, we can have a dance is that a deal?" Neil offered, as the brunette walked past him.

"Fanks Ginger Neil."

Joe couldn't help but join in with the laughter, scooping her up giving her a tummy tickle before sitting her on his lap. The pros instantly switched into work mode and slotted into their positions miming bits of set.

"It's beautiful," Connie whispered in awe, "they're so amazing. But my eyes are watching Dot. She is the most beautiful. She has her eyeballs closed sometimes, is she sleeping ven?"

Joe shook his head, his eyes doing exactly the same, "no," he swallowed the lump of emotion that had formed in his throat from watching not just Dianne in her element but every single one of his friends lost in the most incredible piece of music- each telling their own slightly different story. "No, she's feeling the music travel through her body. She's letting it take control. She's incredible."