Meghan becomes part of the family

Disclaimer:all pictures are owned by the respective artists, Ubisoft owns all characters except for the ones I've obviously put into story

         Waking up the next morning I went to roll over only to fall off the bed I sat up now I don't know if I'm crazy but I don't remember being that close to the edge. Looking to the right I see Meghan.... in the middle of the bed.... spread eagle. I sighed "that explains it" looking at the clock 8:30 might as well go get some food. Standing up I walked out to the kitchen and started making eggs bacon and pancakes. 30 minutes later Craig walked out "smells good" I looked over "yeah? I couldn't tell" he sighed "it's 9am and you're already being an ass" I laughed "my guy being an ass isn't a hobby, it's a lifestyle" he looked at me "don't make me sick Meghan on you" I chuckled "she's not an attack dog" he laughed "yeah but she's got you by the balls" I nodded "fair enough"
       I gave Craig some food before walking back into my room with Meghan still spread eagle in a tank top and underwear tapping her forehead she groans before turning away I came up with an evil idea tapping her forehead one last time she groaned and burrowed into the pillow I sighed and moved to the evil plan jumper cabling her. Standing up I jumper cabled her and she bolted upright "(Y/N)! Why?!" I shrugged "I tried waking you up by tapping your forehead but noooo you couldn't wake up" she sighed "why did you wake me up?" I reached to the nightstand and handed her the plate of food "here, I made some breakfast" she took it and ate I looked at her "you've got a bad case of bed head" she sighed "the struggles of long hair" I laughed "I've got clothes in the dresser if you want to wear some of my shirts." She asked "where the bathroom so I can take a shower?" I pointed "first door on the right when you leave the room" she groaned "my shoulders are killing me." Moving to sit behind her I started to massage her shoulders "better?" She sighed in contentment "yeah, much" I smiled "good, mom'll be up in an hour and a half. She'll probably want to start teaching you the recipe then" she smiled "good"
       She handed me her plate I looked at her "what? am I your butler now?" She smiled "please" I stood up "fine, go take a shower" she gasped "are you saying I stink?" I looked back "no I'm saying a shower will help with your bed head" she laughed while standing up and running her hands through her hair "How do I look now?" I smiled "fucking ethereal"

 She'll probably want to start teaching you the recipe then" she smiled "good"       She handed me her plate I looked at her "what? am I your butler now?" She smiled "please" I stood up "fine, go take a shower" she gasped "are you saying I stink?"...

I took the dishes and went back to the kitchen. "Craig!" He came into the kitchen "yeah?" I replied "put some coffee on" he nodded "how'd waking her up go?" I sighed "she wouldn't wake up when I poked her forehead so I jumper cabled her" he laughed "was she pissed?" I nodded "kinda, more of a shock than anything. She was happy once she got food and a shoulder massage" he sighed "this feels weird" I looked over "what do you mean?" He looked down "We're soldiers some of the most elite in the world, but here we are just sitting around you and Meghan acting like a married couple, you and me acting like brother and your mom is treating us all like we're her kids" I nodded before sighing "yeah it doesn't seem fair." He voiced his agreement "I don't know. It just feels like the calm before the storm." I looked out the window at the kids playing in the snow "maybe, maybe not it doesn't really matter." I saw him look towards me "why do you say that?" I looked back at him "because we're the walls, Sparta didn't have any walls around it's city because it's soldiers were the walls. We're going to fight and win no matter what comes our direction because we have to. If we fail they lose their future." While gesturing to the kids. He mulled over my words I continued "We took an oath, an oath to those kids there that we'd fight and die for their future though they may never know us, no matter the situation we find ourselves in, we can't give up that fight because the moment we do is the moment life becomes meaningless." I heard Meghan behind me "You're right... that's why we joined up, to do something" Craig sighed "I'm just worried about how many were gonna lose; we're making so much progress so quickly, we're not going to be ready when we find their leaders" I nodded "we're not there yet, it's almost Christmas let's just relax before we go back to work" they both nodded as mom walked in "morning little wolf" I smiled "morning mom" she looked at Meghan wearing one of my sweatshirts "ready to learn?" Meghan nodded with a smile while I sat down at the table and watched while talking with Craig.
"Who do you think would win in a fight Ash or Alibi?" I thought about it "with or without ability?" He thought "without" I answered immediately "ash" "why?" I laughed "Have you met her? She is fast as shit" he nodded "fair" I thought "okay okay how about this one Doc vs Thatcher?" Craig laughed before getting a look of sheer unaltered focus "thatcher" I nodded "makes sense"
          I heard mom "so Meghan why the navy?" I listened I hadn't heard the reason she started "well my father was in the navy and I grew up on a navy base. My love of water only sweetened the deal so I guess it was just the natural progression of it" I sighed but mom looked over "the real reason?" Meghan froze "you caught me, I wanted to prove to myself and my father that I could still push boundaries after my car accident. I felt weak so I joined the navy as a challenge" I laughed "mom you've known her for legitimately 48 hours and you're already figuring out things like that?" She glanced over "I'm gonna be her in-law I might as well start learning her behavior now" Meghan turned a light shade of red Craig and I laughed again "I guess that's fair" Craig then asked "how do you know they're gonna get married? They could break up tomorrow" she shook her head no "not with the way (Y/N) looks at her, you can see it now even while injured he's ready to fight in her name" Craig looked over while I inspected myself "I don't see it" I said mom just laughed "your muscles they're all tense and you're feet are on the ground ready to jump up"
I looked at myself "holy shit" looking back at mom "devil woman" Meghan laughed "(N/N) be nice" everyone laugh "yeah yeah laugh at the cripple" Craig looked over "you aren't crippled" I looked back "test me I will throw myself to the ground on my rib." Meghan glared at me "never mind I will not throw myself onto my rib. No siree bob" she nodded and mom smiled "yeah you've learned well little wolf" I sighed and I heard Craig whispered "by the balls" I slapped him Meg looked back "boys stop being 2" before going back as mom gave her directions.
We all heard a knock at the door, grabbing my glock I moved to the door peaking through the peep hole I sighed "fuck" opening the door after holstering my pistol "what do you want?" Standing there was my ex.... from 12 years ago.... standing there with her boy toy. She gave me a look "I thought I was welcome here?" I laughed "yeah 12 years ago, before you cheated on me" she looked at her boy toy and then said "we're coming in" I laughed "no you're not get off my property before I make you" her boy toy spoke up "what are you gonna do?" I looked at him "mate I'm an Army Ranger, I saved the Lone Survivor, I survived a week of torture, I've killed hundreds of people and I'm trained in hand to hand combat, now get the fuck off of my property" he threw a punch stepping to the side I grabbed his arm turned 180 before ripping his arm down and making his elbow bend the other direction he screamed in pain as I kicked him down the stares looking at her she ran down towards him "Im calling the police and you're going to prison" I chuckled "ah ah ah" before pointing at the security camera I installed last year "audio and video" she looked shocked "now get your whimpering waste of oxygen and get off my land" she grabbed him and they ran for the car. Closing the door I jumped when I saw Meghan leaning against the wall arms crossed "really?" I gave her a weird look "you've got a cracked ribs and bruising on said ribs and got into a fight?" I looked anywhere but her eyes "it wasn't a fight per say" she scoffed "what was it then?" I sighed "erasing a mistake" sitting down putting my head in my hands Meghan sighed and sat down next to me bumping me with her shoulder "you know I'm just worried right?" I nodded "I just feel useless, I always try to be doing something and I'm stuck just sitting around waiting for everything to heal" she nodded "I get that but if you wanna be running around with a rifle again you gotta listen to doc" I looked "I love you but Jesus fuck do you make it hard to be disobedient." She laughed "I know come on I don't want to keep your mom waiting" standing up we walked back into the kitchen.
Sitting down Craig looked over "what happened? we heard a scream and Meghan went running" I sighed "a mistake from the past came back" mom looked back "so she tried?" I nodded "boy toy threw a punch before I destroyed his elbow and they went running like rats" Craig whined "you're broken and still beating people. It's not fair" we laughed at him before quieting down just appreciating each other's presence. For the first time in a long time it feels like I truly have a home.
"Hey mom do you have a tree? I haven't seen it up and you normally have it up in November" she sighed "no, I haven't had the time to run and get one" I sat up "why don't we all go to the Farm? We can pick one out and decorate it like when we were kids, you get memory lane and I get time with my family; it's a win win" She turned around "he's only got expensive trees left, the cheap ones got snatched up quickly" I laughed "mom it's fine. Are you guys done with the cookies?" She nodded as Meghan spoke up "they're done in an hour" I stood up and grabbed a pair of keys no one noticed "come on wolf pack, we've got a Christmas tree to retrieve" doing a wind mill motion with my arm to get them out the door. I went to the garage and lifted the gate there she is just as beautiful as the day I lost her.

Walking into the garage I run my hand over the curves and scars, before reaching the end of the journey, the door handle

Walking into the garage I run my hand over the curves and scars, before reaching the end of the journey, the door handle. Sitting in the drivers seat, I gripped the hard wood steering wheel and sighed still just right. Putting the key in the ignition I turned the key and heard the engine turn over and start purring I smiled "now even my bike isn't that cooperative" grabbing the stick, I shifted into 1st gear and pulled out of the garage looking towards moms car I saw Meghan get out and jog towards my truck, "you never said you had this?" I looked over "I didn't know if I still had it." She turned on the radio "i see, do you enjoy driving this truck?" I smiled "I fucking love it" looking back at my moms car I waved and she started driving as I pulled out behind her. After 20 minutes of singing and rocking out in the car with Meghan. We arrived to the Christmas Farm.

Parking the truck and locking it I looked at our group "okay kiddies, I will pay whatever they're asking for the tree, we are to find the perfect tree for my mother

Parking the truck and locking it I looked at our group "okay kiddies, I will pay whatever they're asking for the tree, we are to find the perfect tree for my mother. We have an hour before sundown so let's get a move on" slowly we moved through the trees inspecting and dismissing or marking them as prospectives. 15 minutes later, I heard Craig yell "I think I found it" turning in the direction of his voice we started walking. I noticed mom was being quiet I turned and asked "what's wrong?" She sighed "these trees are all so expensive I won't be able to afford one and Christmas gifts" I started laughing, cackling even, Meghan hit me "(y/n) be nice, it's a genuine worry for her" I chuckled "no it's not." Meghan looked confused "she's not paying for anything besides Christmas gifts, I'm buying this tree for her and I'm giving her money for a lot of other things we need to get" Meghan gasped understanding as mom spoke up "little wolf you cant't...." I looked at her "I can and I will you aren't stopping me" she tried to argue until a glare cut her off "enough. Now let's stop keeping Craig waiting." Walking over I saw it around 8 feet tall and 3 1/2 feet in diameter, I checked the branches to make sure they'd hold moms decorations" looking at her "this good?" She came over and inspected the tree "it's good, really good" I nodded and grabbed my keys "I'll be back with the truck." Jogging back to the truck I start her up and slowly drive back to where the trees waiting. Putting the truck in part I stepped out "Craig give me a hand with this, will ya?" He came over and grabbed the base after I chainsawed it. I grabbed the top "meg help guide the middle to the truck bed please" it was a quick operation as I walked to the main building "we got one of the higher end ones. 8ft by 3 1/2 ft." He replied "$120" I chuckled "the prices sure have gone up since we were kids, huh?" He laughed "yeah but it means that those workers out there can get their kids one more toy." I nodded "have a happy holiday" he smiled "you too, take care" I nodded on my way out "my girlfriend would kill me if I didn't"
       Walking back to the truck, "hop on, I'll give you a ride back to the car" mom sat in shotgun Craig and Meghan in the truck bed. Mom looked over "thank you little wolf it means a lot" I smiled "mom you've done a lot of stuff for me in my 34 years on this earth, paying for one Christmas is the least I could do" mom and Craig jumped out as we came to a halt near the car. Waiting for them to lead us out of the Farm area I reached over and placed my hand on Meghan's thigh and kept it there for most of the drive until we got home. The rest of the Night we drank laughed and decorated the tree, Meghan finding a favorite spot on my lap. Shortly after we decorated the tree Meghan and I turned in for the night.