Suspicions rise

Disclaimer:all pictures are owned by the respective artists, Ubisoft owns all characters except for the ones I've obviously put into story

        Walking to the window, I looked around I felt like I was being watched. Moving back to the bedroom, I reached into the closet and grabbed my m110 and 5 mags before moving back to the living room. I sat down and placed the rifle on the coffee table, slowly I disassembled it, the feeling of being watched never wavering, I sighed my senses haven't lied to me yet, there's someone watching me. I continued to clean and disassemble the rifle every now and again glancing out the window. I caught a glimpse of someone on an opposing roof, I sighed and started pacing the room how the hell did they find us? No one knew were here except for.... Rainbow. "Fuck!" I yelled as I punched the wall. Meghan came out to the living room having finished her shower to see me pulling my fist out of the wall "(Y/n)? What's wrong?" I turned back "who knows we came here?" She looked thoughtful "I only told Monika and Alexsandr" I nodded "Olivier and Gustave knew, so did... Harry" I looked at her "when did the missions start getting riskier with bigger goals?" She paused thinking "right around the time Harry took over from Aurelia" I turned to the window "we're being watched, I can feel it" she looked out "I don't see anyone, how are you so sure" I explained "I saw someone on that roof there," pointing to the building " then there's a random person in that alley. You see him?" She looked "yeah, now that you point him out he's pretty suspicious" I tackled Meghan as a round flew through the window "god damnit, Meghan call Craig and see where he is. I'll try to get a hold on a front." She nodded "I don't have my guns or my vest" I looked over and handed her my glock "take this and go to my closet my tac vest is in there the plates too" she looked worried "what about you?" I smiled "trust, I'll be okay" she nodded and gave me a kiss before running for the room. I popped up and fired 4 rounds taking out 2 enemies before hitting the deck again Meghan yelled "They're coming back now!" I yelled back "tell them to stop, they're not geared for combat! Have Craig get SWAT to come to us!" She yelled back "on it!" Before I popped up again and fired 5 more rounds taking out 3 enemies.
I sighed "not how I thought I'd be spending my day today" before firing again. 5 minutes later, I hear my phone quickly answering "Hello?!" I heard Craig "I'm on board the truck with SWAT were hauling ass to your house how you two holding up?" I yelled "meghans got my glock and vest. I don't have too much ammo left and they've got a lot of fucking fire power!" He laughed "welcome to the Rangers. we'll be there in 30" I yelled "any fucking time now! Meg move to me!" She yelled back "moving!" She slid into cover as we returned fire "Craig and SWAT are going to be here any second now, we just have to hold here." I stood to fire again but had a round rip through my arm dropping me to the ground. FUCK I have to get up come on get up god damnit opening my eyes again I rolled and picked up my gun "(Y/N) you're hurt, get into cover" I looked over "meg you know I can't do that we need to fight. A round to an arm won't keep a ranger down" I fired again as Craig and SWATs truck came to a halt in the middle of the war zone "(Y/N)! Meghan! Where are you?!" I waved my hand over cover "here!" Craig came running towards the house as I saw the explosion "Craig!" Vaulting out of cover I ran towards him "Craig come on, stay with me. Get a medic! Stay with me Craig! Get a fucking medic! Meghan come here I need help!" Tapping his cheek he groaned "never thought it'd end like this huh (Y/N)?" "Come on Brother you can't do this, you can't do this to me!" He started fading "No. No. No. No. Craig! Stay with me you bastard! Medic! Someone get a medic! " Meghan looked at Craig and pulled me away "he's gone (Y/n)," I shook her off me "get off of me, I can still save him!" She grabbed me again "he's gone (Y/n)! he's gone, there's nothing you can do about it!" More police arrived as I was held by Meghan crying over the loss of one of my brothers.
Once the white mask retreated, I called Marius(Jager) "hey, he's gone. Craig's gone" Marius gasped "what happened?" I sat on the back of the ambulance tears starting to form "White Mask attacked my moms house, only Meghan and I were home. He came back with SWAT and took an RPG. He was going to ask Kali out when we got back, he was so fucking close man" Marius was crying by now too "Scheisse! Well give him a proper funeral when you two get back" I sighed while whipping tears "I need to talk to you, Lion, IQ, Tachanka, Glaz, Frost, Thermite, Montagne, Thatcher and Doc when we get back, okay?" I heard him writing down the names "Ja, we'll be at Meghan's dorm when you get back. When are you landing?" I looked at the tickets "8am" he wrote it down again "we'll be there, I promise" I closed my eyes "thanks Marius, really"
I felt Meghan sit next to me, I looked over "it's Harry's fault." She seemed surprised by my words "how? How is it his fault?" I looked down "only 4 people knew where my mom's house was Craig, You, Me and Harry. Me you and Craig were here so we couldn't give anyone any information. We were on the mission in the Congo only Harry and us knew where we were camped and none of us got spotted before the Masks stormed our camp. On the first mission I did with Glaz the Masks had a trap set for Thermite and his team. Everything points to Harry, he's the only one with access to the location of my mothers house, He's the only one who knew we were in the Congo and camped where we were. He's the one who formed the plan to assault that compound on the first mission and they had a trap set for our guys exact move" Meghan looked shocked as she processed the words "holy shit, I think you might be onto something." I punched the wall "we've got a plane to catch and then a meeting with some friends at Rainbow" Mom came running up and hugged both Meghan and I "I was so worried about you two, are you okay? Meghan, are you?" I nodded "just a gunshot" Meghan sighed "I'm untouched" Mom sighed with relief "where's Craig? is he okay?" I shook my head tears pouring down my face "he didn't make it, I tried so hard." I fell to my knees "he's gone and it's all my fault. I could've saved him. I could've got him out of there" mom and meghan hugged me "little wolf, it was his time to go. The Great Spirit called him to his court. We need to move on carrying his soul in our hearts and his face in our memories." I looked at her still crying "mama we need to catch our plane, you need to get to a safe place." She nodded "I will, I promise. Promise me you'll be safe" I sighed "I don't like making promises I can't keep" she nodded "I know, but can you make the exception just this once. I lost one kid today I don't want to lose another." I looked at Meghan "you won't U-Ni-Tsi, we'll survive. We've got to head out." I gave her a hug and moved aside so Meghan could give her one "I'll keep him safe ma'am" mom smiled "you don't need to call me Ma'am honey, you're part of the family."
      We got on my bike as I handed Meghan her helmet and a leather jacket "you ready?" I felt her arms snake around me and her head rest on my back "yeah, I guess I am" I sighed as I kicked it into gear. A little while after we got on the highway I looked over my shoulder "meg, we've got a tail"  she sat up and reached to my glock "if they get besides us blast them" she yelled back "Sounds good!" As I gave the bike a lot more gas and picked up speed weaving in and out of traffic I pulled off the highway early and headed down an alleyway before merging to the road and pushing the bike to accelerate quicker "we'll be there in a minute or two" checking if the tail found us again Meghan released her grip on my glock "we're clear" as she leaned on me again. Moving into the airport, we quickly moved through processing I pulled one of the guards over "I'm an Army Ranger, She's a Navy Seal, we're both armed. We're working with Rainbow, I'd like to bypass as much of the process as we can to make it back to our base for more missions. Can you do it?" He radioed his Supervisor a minute later "yes sir, follow me." I nodded and grabbed Meghan's hand with a bag slung over my shoulder as we followed the Guard "how's everything been around here?" The guard looked back before returning to looking in front of us "mostly just small shoplifting, a couple people got in fights mostly a quiet week" I sighed a tear selling up before I blinked it away my voice cracking "I wish we had one of those" he looked back again "a rough week?" I nodded "a fucking terrible one"
      Once we got on the plane and it took off,