Christmas

Disclaimer:all pictures are owned by the respective artists, Ubisoft owns all characters except for the ones I've obviously put into story

I'd been home a week now, mom and Meghan bonded extremely closely over our time off. Craigs been talking to me about his crush on Kali, a Pmc leader who signed a contract with Rainbow. I woke up at 6 as my alarm went off feeling Meghan stirring on my chest I turned off the alarm and looked at the date December 25th, Christmas. Closing my eyes again I pulled Meghan closer before drifting off again. I woke up to meghan moving looking over I saw Meghan smiling "Merry Christmas" I said as I blinked the sleep from my eyes "Merry Christmas, get up I want to give you your present" sitting up i replied "me first" before I walked to my dresser and pulled out a package heading back to the bed I sat down and handed it to Meghan. She ripped open the box and gasped "I got it custom made. Gold, titanium and black steel" she lifted it out of the box showing the necklace with her icon as the pendant she smiled "thank you I love it" as she handed it to me and turned around as I clipped it around her neck. She got up and moved to the closet pulling out a box of similar size "I thought you'd like this" as I took the box and opened it looking inside I pulled out the item a new patch to add to my uniform looking at it.

 I looked at Meghan she looked hopeful I lunged and hugged her "I love it, it's going on my plate carrier the moment we get back to base, thank you"          Looking at the clock it read 8:30, looking back to Meghan I tapped her thigh "come on, ge...

         Looking at the clock it read 8:30, looking back to Meghan I tapped her thigh "come on, get dressed while I go make breakfast" she stood up as I walked over gave her a kiss on the forehead and went to start breakfast. At that moment, Craig came out of his room and joined me on the trip to the kitchen we were talking while I got everything I needed. After gathering the food I started cooking making pancakes while cooking sausage links and bacon. Once I finished cooking those I made some omelettes. Right as I finished Meghan walked in "what's for breakfast?" I turned "sausage,bacon, and pancakes or omelettes." She replied "sounds good, I'll get plates" I laughed "everything I make you think sounds good" she quipped back "you're a good cook" I shrugged "I guess, where's mom? She's typically up by now" Craig looked towards the door and held up three fingers every second putting one down when he reached zero no one walked through the door I chuckled as Craig yelled "Fuck!"
        My phone vibrated taking it out I saw a text from Harry, looking up I said "Meg, Craig we're leaving early. Harry wants us back in Hereford in 2 days meaning we have to leave tomorrow night" Meghan sighed "any reason?" Looking at the text again "None given, just that we have to be back in 2 days" Craig looked down "I guess I was right, the calm before the storm." I looked out the window "we'll survive" Craig looked up "how are you so sure?" Turning my attention to him "because I've training you guys making you even better soldiers than before, I asked Harry to have the CTUs train each other in their styles of combat. Plus we have Kali, Glaz and Me 3 snipers to cover 47 highly trained extremely danger tier 1 operators vs a bunch of lower skill terrorists. Besides Meghan's my spotter and you have Gilles as a partner." He nodded "I hope you're right" Meghan spoke up "when did I become your spotter?" I looked over "when you volunteered on the Russia Op, besides Harry cleared it when I explained having someone to watch my back with a fully automatic would help calm my nerves making me even more accurate." She nodded with a slight smirk "at least I'll be able to keep you from being an idiot" I laughed "you couldn't stop that if you were god" we all laughed before mom walked in. None of us wanted to break the news.
Sighing I looked at her "U-ni-tsi, we're leaving tomorrow night." She cocked an eyebrow "I thought you were off for a while?" I nodded "so did I, but my boss just called we're needed on base" she looked past me "I suppose that's the life you all live as special forces," she turned to Meghan "keep him safe, will ya?" Meghan looked at me before turning back to my mother "of course I will" I looked up at the ceiling "you know we're still here until tomorrow right? No need to get all depressed right now" everyone seemed to perk up at my words before mom went and got out some presents "here you go Craig, this ones yours Meghan and this one is for you Little Wolf" I took the small box and opened it inside was a velvet case opening that I saw a wedding ring looking over confused mom whispered "I figured you should have it for when you decide to get married it's your grandmothers" I nodded before quickly slipping it into my pocket and looking back at Craig as he opens the present his face lights up as he pulls out a brand new pair of oakley sunglasses "why'd you spend this much on me?"