04.

04.

"Mm, that’s incredibly delicious!” Taehyung let out a deep moan in pleasure as he stuffed his mouth with a rounded scoop of fried rice. We’re all sitting at the small breakfast nook dining on seafood, bibimbap, kimchi stew, and spicy soups.

Jin seated across from Hoseok, slamming the hot baking dish on the table. The smell wafted around the room as the salted-caramel cookies lying on the metal surface. My eyes traveled around seeing everyone’s desire to have the first pick.  Namjoon wiped his mouth on a creased napkin taking a tiny sip of his soju right after.

“Aw, you made my favorites. love ya Jin” I cooed cutting a shrimp and placing the oily chunk in my mouth.

“Yeah, I love me too” Jin smiled having no shame to pick all of his favorite things off the plate first and then, pull a face at the rest of the meal.

“Your cooking skills are amazing!” Taehyung complimented the elder focusing on a bowl with hot noodles. He ate so noisily, slurping the content like some kind of vacuum cleaner.

“Just like my face, sweetheart” Jin flexed his chest brushing his fingers on his chin so that he could show off his side profile.

“I’ll puke all over my clothes, please…” Yoongi derided, snatching a chunk of pork with his chopsticks and drenching it in sweet and sour sauce.

“You’re so jealous and it shows!” Jin talked back.

“Taehyung, how are the rehearsals going so far?” Hoseok changed the topic, dabbing his cheeks with a delicate napkin before speaking.

“Um, I think they’re going fine, but I can’t be sure till you guys see it yourselves” Taehyung rejoined tapping his fingers on his round earthenware bowl softly.

“Don’t worry Tae, we know you’re doing your best!” Jimin chimed in. Crinkles formed around his eyes making them look like two straight lines. His smile was one of happiness growing, much as a spring flower opens. I could see how it came from deep inside to light his eyes and spread into every part of him, radiating the same feeling to the other as Taehyung smiled back; a smile like a ray of sunshine making you warm inside.

“I’m going back to the dance studio, goodnight guys” He announced standing up from his seat.

“Who wants to come to my dorm? We can watch a movie” Jimin proposed.

“Sure, count me in!” Hobi exclaimed raising a hand in the air. His heart-shaped lips moved up into a bright grin.

“Hyung?” Jimin’s eyes locked over Yoongi’s face waiting for a positive answer.

“Yeah, whatever, but I’m sleeping in your bed cutie pie” Yoongi slid back into focus turning back a quick smirk.

“Yay! Sleepover” Jimin clapped. “Denise?” He stopped to stare at me. Well, staring had become our form of communication for years. His eyes rested, not unblinking but slowed yet the effect was soft and inviting instead of harsh.

“I would love to, but I’m going to the gym instead, I feel so tensed”

“Just make yourself count sheep, for fuck sake!” Yoongi groaned at the thought of an evening workout.

“Hey, Denise, I heard that kissing burns 6.4 calories a minute. Wanna still workout?” Jungkook teased me nibbling a toothpick idly, causing Jin to choke a little on a bite of a homemade cookie.
I stuck my tongue out at him while exiting the room.

“No offense, but what the fuck are you doing?” Namjoon rebuked the younger. Jungkook’s lips tugged up into a roguish smile.

“It was just a joke, I know what I’m doing”

“Last time you said that you broke up, man” Jin raised a challenging brow.

“Sometimes…I just feel very trusfrated, and I know it’s my fault!” Jungkook ran his hand through his long dark hair three times in quick succession and fixed his mates on a stare that could have frozen the Pacific.

“Jungkook…” Namjoon sighed.

“What?” Kook snarled more than spoke.

“The word is, frustrated" Namjoon corrected.

Jungkook blinked a couple of times, digesting the information he was given two seconds ago.

“WHO CARES?”