11.

11.

[Why you sad¿]

.
.
.

I’m walking down the stairs, strolling around the Cabaret. The wintry sun is the brightness of the day, pleasant, even though the north wind bites. There are days I wish to stay in the warmth, to observe from a duvet, fingers wrapped snugly around some cocoa…

My thoughts have been interrupted by stifled sobs and sniffles. I spotted the shiny golden hairs at the empty space and a tiny figure holding onto a round table near the front door.

“Jimmie?” I called. The young man flinched hearing the call of his name, trying to dry his tears vainly. “Are you crying?” I asked.

“N-nope” His voice broke in half again. His baby fingers reached his trembling lips and as much as he tried to hold it in, the pain came out like an uproar from his throat. I sighed moodily dragging a chair next to him.

“Okay, tell your noona what’s going on this time” When he, at last, turned his face to look at me, he was a picture of grief and despair. “Come on, tell mee” I rocked his legs playfully, but still his dark lashes brimmed heavy with tears. His jaw trembled and his shoulders heaved with emotion, unwilling to back down.

“It’s Jungkook…” He spoke with a soft hesitancy in his voice. I held his hand in silence hoping to inspire confidence.

“We practiced an English song for the show earlier…and the thing is that he is good at everything and I can barely cope with the lyrics!” The tears burst forth like water from a dam. Minutes of sobbing broken apart by short pauses for recovering breaths before talking

“I am not jealous, I-I am proud of him. The problem is I’m lacking in skills!

“That's a joke, right? All these things that hurt you, baby, have nothing to do with you at all. The thing is, you have to practice, you have to clean out those toxic thoughts of yours and everything will get better soon." I stroke his head and his breathing slowed. Diamond eyes twinkled, refusing to look away. “Fight for your dreams and your dreams will fight for you”

“THE GIRL HAS A POINT, BRO!”

Jin called out from the other side of the room. I rolled my eyes as he was jogging towards us. I lifted an eyebrow at him, having a teasing glint in my eyes.

“I came upon your little conversation and surprisingly, I totally agree with you,” He told me before kneeling down in front of Jimin.

“Honestly, without imperfections, neither you nor I would exist in this world” He quoted fondly. Jimin rubbed his eyes wiping away the last salty tears. The front door opened with a slight creaking. Yoongi came into the room, his eyes narrowed whereas his lips created a circle.

“Yo, who do I need to beat up?”

Jimin laughed “Wow!” He exclaimed “Thank you so much, guys! What a goofball I am”

Jin made a buzzing noise indicating Jimin had given an incorrect statement.

“You’re one of our favorite singers!” I winked at him.

“So, no need to kick some ass around?” Yoongi insisted. Jimin giggled giving a subtle swing from left to right in refusal.

•••

“…and then I thought it would be super cool to remake the song, adjust the lyrics in some parts and bingo I made a deeper version!” 

I've zoned out on the window without actually staring outside. All of the noise disappeared instantly and I was swimming into the pool of thoughts.

“…there’s no time for romance, anyway”

“Denise? Are you still with me?” Yoongi gently bumped my shoulder, regaining my attention.

“Huh?” I snapped out of the trance, pulled back into reality.

“Are you okay?” He asked, plugging his headphones into the tiny hole of his computer.

Me? Yeah, fine, great” I scratched the back of my neck while looking down.

“Don’t make me ask again please!” He cried no longer hiding his frustration.

“Well, it’s about Jungkook…and Taehyung” My stomach shifts uneasily and I notice that my hands clasp and unclasp each other as if they need touch and reassurance.

“Oh, what we have here, a love triangle?” His gums leap out of their hidden place, spreading a genuine smile all over his face.

“I am not sure…” I gasped “Jungkook wants me back, okay? And he tries hard, but I don’t know If I should put myself in this relationship again” I explained and Yoongi nodded with empathy. “But then, when I met Tae it was like…butterflies and stupid smiles, but still I think that I'm miles away from his ideal type of girl” I blinked averting my sentiments to swallow me down.

“Seriously now, you’re pretty, you’re caring and confident, demure and sexy at the same time, like damn every boy would crave you!” Yoongi’s expression softens yet his body tensed and his long fingers squeezed my hand.

“Uuhm Yoongi?” I cringed as my look tore between being freaked out and feeling utterly flattered.

“Cool it, girl, I’m not intending to hook up with you” His face was drained with a little glee in response.

“Thank you then” I laughed, accepting all of his compliments. I glanced at the hanging clock in his room. Shit, I’m late for the rehearsals.

I hop off his desk, carefully taking the CD with our song from the pileup of his sheet music on the desk.

“Oh, and a very friendly tip: just follow your heart,” He advised.

I bent forward planting a quick peck on his cheek before heading to the dance studio.