10.

10.

“And one, two, three…and four and five, six”

Hoseok began swaying from side to side feeling free to unfurl in a hurricane of ecstasy. The huge mirror reflects his freestyle jutting limb movements, his infectious joy as we both practice for the upcoming show. He’s not just a lifetime dance partner for me; he’s also my precious dance instructor.

“Okay, you’re damn good every time!” I praised him with a clap. He pasted on a bright smile as a quick response before chugging down a water bottle as if he was thirsty for days. He skimmed his tongue across his lips, soaking up the wetness before speaking.

“And you’re my sweetest partner, you know that already” He cooed while pinching my cheeks that stayed stubbornly chubby since childhood.

The approaching footsteps clip-clop down the bleached tiles at the hallway followed by the sound of talking that is overly loud in my own ears. Taehyung and Yoongi strode into the dance studio gaining our attention. My heart goes into overdrive when Tae spots me and turns his full-blown smile on.

WHY AM I LIKE THIS AGAIN?

“What are you doing here?” I asked.

“Nice to see you too, sis” Yoongi teased displaying a goofy grin.

“At this point, you should practice, smarty-pants!” I teased him back.

“I won’t stay long, I’m just here to tell you that I’m working on your song for the show. The boy here said that you need a deeper version” Yoongi looked at Tae who stared back at me for what seemed like hours until he finally dropped his gaze.

A deeper version…oof

“I’ll let you know when it’s ready, in the meantime, you can practice with the original track” Yoongi went on. “I’m out, see ya later” He waved off before rushing out of the room.

“Sadly, I’m out too, Namjoon needs help with the lyrics” Hoseok did the peace sign while grasping his gym bag from the floor and leaving.

Dance is freedom; Dance is to become an open flower or a bird aloft. Feel the movement like a new breath for your body and nourishment for a soul so tired. We took a break. The sweat trickles down his back, free-flowing like drizzle on a windowpane. It beads on his forehead and drips from his chin. So gross yet even the sweat looks good on him.

I smooth my clothes restyling my messy bun as my reflection shows just flaming pink cheeks. I can feel the loose shirt cling to my back in places and there is a slight sting in my eyes–old mascara. I feel his gaze on me…eyes walking from my hairline to my feet and back up again. The only time his gaze breaks is when I turn my head his way. I would drop my gaze, but with him I'm drawn in closer, always wanting more.

“Shit, you caught me staring, but I caught you staring back” He smirked and I could feel the heat growing on my cheeks. They must be beyond an attractive rosiness by now. He suppressed a smile, keeping himself busy by tying his shoelaces tighter.

“Are we done for today?” I asked and he paused, hands akimbo.

“Depends…can you sing Ariana when sober as well as tipsy?” The slightest curve at his mouth corner and youthful confidence worn in a light lift of his eyebrow above joyful eyes. This man is on the warpath today…

“I don’t know what you're talking about” I looked away.

“Sure…good taste in lingerie though” He blurted. My eyes squinted glaring at him.

“How the hell you know that? You said your back was turned!” The burning hard stare will last only as long as it takes him to think of a convincing excuse.

“In my defense, you pulled that dress off too fast!” Arms folded over my blouse “I swear I turned as soon as I realized what you were doing!” He laughed warmly.

“Don’t push your luck, boy” A stony glare carved into my eyes.

He took some steps forward, reaching my spot.

Or what?” He replied; his voice low and husky. We oddly stared at each other, as if it was a silent argument. His lips are a pale pink that reminded me of a rosebud yet thick and plush. I would like to taste him and as if he listens to my thoughts, he leans forward, inches away from my face.
So pretty…

"Guys?!"

I was mortified, frozen to the spot. Taehyung walked away as soon as the voice echoed from behind.

Jungkook approached. His eyes flickered
between his gazes, mild shock on his face.

“W-we just finished here” I explained nervously. He frowned nudging himself towards my side, but his eyes remained focused on Taehyung, cold like I've never seen before and his features immobile. Oh no…

“I think you’re not finished yet, so I’m leaving.” He quickened his pace walking out of the room in utter rage. No, wait…

“Are you still dating or something?”

Taehyung asked right after. There’s tightness in my throat and I draw in a deep breath.

“Well, we broke up two months ago, but anyway um we all need to concentrate on doing the rehearsals”

“No worries, besides, there’s no time for romance anyway” He flashed his casual boxy smile at me striding towards the exit.

Ouch…

Chapter 10🎉
Enjoy
V.K♥