16.

16.

ɴᴏᴡ ᴘʟᴀʏɪɴɢ: DDaeng(Rap line) ───────────────⚪───────────  ───◄◄⠀▐▐ ⠀►► 0:15 / 4:00 ───○🔊⠀

Caramel Show

Day 4

I love the urban hip–hop kind of thing; It’s smart and insightful. The way some rappers communicate a complex message in a very short period is remarkable.

The music was so loud it made my skin tingle and my lungs bounce.The boys turn this place into a huge party.

Over the roar of Yoongi’s part, a distant faint chatter could be heard. I can’t make out any words, but laughter rings in my ears instead and seems nonstop. Namjoon and Hoseok roam the stage with a seismic attitude yet they radiate a chilled mood. I have no choice but to join the crowd and enjoy this hyperactive performance.

The alcohol's harsh scent can be detected from miles away. How can you even resist such candied beauty? The color of each cocktail was so fresh light and rich. The smoke billowed and eddied around the dark room. My throat felt drier than the baked summer earth in July so, I found myself dipping a tongue in the salted–caramel white Russian punch that gives a sweet and buttery flavor in the end, yet it’s spicy cause of the icy vodka.

●●●

Some nights even the stars are hidden behind the clouds hunting for a cozy hideout. Frost grows all over the windows and the pretty snowflakes are visible under the sporadic streetlights that lighten the city. It’s gonna be a cold moonless night, but thankfully, the Cabaret is warm inside.
We’re chilling out in Namjoon’s dorm, the largest of them all. There’s enough space for all of us plus a corner fireplace that crackles and burns the dry woods. It's so good to feel their warmth at last.

“No! find your own bed!” Yoongi grumbled when Hoseok curled up close to him with his duvet.

“Hug me, Min” Hoseok’s eyes shine brightly, reflecting the flames from the fireside.

Ew!” Yoongi snorted “Stay...” His soft lips stretch into a smile while his friend squashes happily into the narrow couch.

The bookcase with its inky treasures decorates the room. I’m pretty sure Joon stores some great books around here and I’m willing to look preferably for my favorite crime novels.

“Kook, could you do me a favor?” Namjoon asked.

“I would literally die for you but go on,” Jungkook responded.

Okay?” Namjoon cringed “So...” But I couldn’t hear the rest because Taehyung beckoned to me.

The stairs ahead formed a perfect spiral and we both sat on the top stair.

“You okay?” I asked.

“Sure...” He smiled, but his eyes were haunted. His thoughts are a strange ocean for me. Should I speak about them? The sentiments float in his eyes, his desire to flee the dialogue is written on his face. He guards his thoughts, hardly ever letting an inconsiderate word slip out of his lips.

“My own brain sometimes suffocates me...” He whispered rubbing his throbbing temples before he blows out a sharp breath.

“I haven’t dealt with losing someone yet”

“Nobody’s ready to lose someone forever, but music is our healer,Tae” I said.

“Tell me about you” He said. Under his unmoving eyes lives a grin that reveals almost every tooth.

“Well, my parents broke up when I was five. My dad decided that his life in Korea was miserable so, he ran away, leaving behind my mother to bring up a child all alone” My emotions were flat and drained as I narrated my own story this time.

Before, I was a very active and naughty child, but after that dude left us, I stopped talking. I became very good at hiding my feelings. I felt so ashamed of telling others that I didn’t have a dad, because that's a reason to bully a kid in the ‘90s as well...” I tittered bringing to mind my school years on fast–forward.

“Eventually, I got rid of my breakable self, I became my own anchor, I fell in love with dancing and all of a sudden, I met six boys sharing my dreams with them...and now they’re seven!” Tears well up in my eyes and I blink fast to clear my vision.

“You know what I think?” He murmured. I shook my head completely clueless as to what he is about to say.

"You’re like extra caramel in my dark chocolate life. We both are like fruits and nuts and that makes it more delicious” His voice deep but smooth booms across the quiet corridor.

Giggles escape my lips and he drifts along, pushed by the moment. His phone rings and he answers.

Just then, the phone fell on the floor rolling down some stairs. Eyes widened, his breaths were shaky. His hands tremble at his sides and he jams a fist into his mouth to smother probably a scream. His face shatters into million pieces and as much as I tried to call his name or rock his shoulders, I got the same silence.

“Taehyung...what happened?”

Don't forget to comment & like, guys!

What do you think happened?

V.K♥️