13.

13.

"Kook, do you wanna talk to a friend?” Namjoon knocked on Jungkook’s door and as soon as he heard the soft “come in”’ he pushed the portal open.

I eased through the corridor eyeing the boys through the door's narrow opening. Damn, eavesdropping is a really bad habit of mine…

“Are you okay?” Namjoon asked his boyish pal. His shoulders slump as he sat down next to Jungkook. His hands braced on his knees while looking at the floor.

“I guess…” Jungkook breathed out.

Pause

“I feel defeated and kinda betrayed” He admits and Namjoon’s expression softens.

“At first, I messed up then, I tried and I thought I could get a second chance, but I hate playing the fool Joon, jinjja!(really)” He speaks calmly shifting his eyes to the side again. As he blinks tears dripping from his eyelids sliding down his cheeks. No please…

Namjoon’s hand squeezed his friend’s shoulder fondly.

“Listen, we have to lose things before we truly appreciate them. You did a mistake, fine, but don’t take the blame for everything though. You have to let her go Jungkook, talk with her as well; you both owe an apology at each other for what happened”

Jungkook sniffed “I think the hardest thing in life is letting go of what you have loved the most, after all, Denise is my first  love...”

I sense his words spreading across the room to soothe my blood. I can't be sure that today will be better than yesterday, but I choose to be an optimist.

“You know…I have seen you growing day after day into the charismatic man you're today Kook, I’m proud of you” Joon smiles and the maknae playfully bumps his shoulder, revealing the cutest bunny grin ever "I’ll get over it; I just gotta be dramatic first, thanks Hyung!"

Footsteps echoed sharply throughout the empty hallway. I sneak behind the nearest wall as I got a glimpse of Taehyung entering the dorm as well.

“So…” I muttered, but it sounded more like a high-pitched squawk. There is a tenseness in my muscles that makes me look like a robot than a woman of flesh and bone.
Jungkook’s gaze is tortured as he looks at me.

“Taehyung is a good guy, I don’t want to end your friendship because of me–" I shushed when Jungkook lifted his hands to my head. His fingers massaged my hair and I tilted my cheek close to his palm to feel, to touch the skin there one more time.

“He didn’t touch me, I swear” I clear up and he nods.

“I know Denise, we talked earlier and we’re fine now”

“Jungkook…” I breathed, but before i could utter another word he snuggled up to my chest, resting his chin on my shoulder and I exhaled slowly. My body melted into his as every muscle lost its tension in the air. My arms clutched his back and pulled him closer.

“I want to go back to a time before it was too late” He whispers “I failed, Noona

“No, you did great, honey” I close my eyes hoping the tears won’t smear my mascara before he responds.

“Are we still friends though?” His lips tug up into a tiny smile. I paused silently staring into my favorite sparkling eyes.

“Sure…bro!” I chuckle as he holds me tightly to his chest.

“SOS! SOS!”

“WHAT? DID WE CATCH FIRE?” Jin let out a squeal, stumbling backward almost dropping the china platter he was shining for two hours. Frightened by his reaction –that must have matched mine– I took a long, wholesome intake of breath.

“Should I wear this or this at tomorrow’s performance?” I flipped the fashion catalog I was holding so that the boys could view the content. Jin blinked twice, all shook up, staring blankly at me with wide eyes.

“You don’t even deserve my mercy,” He said, turning his back on me in a huff.

“Hhm, definitely this one!” Namjoon closed in pointing at the glittering bodysuit. I frowned, looking carefully at the noticeable outfit.

“You’ll look irresistible, trust me!” He added, reading the uncertainty on my troubled face.

“Pff, she would look great even wearing a cassock, what’s your point?” Hoseok broke into the conversation.

“Plus your breasts will fit nicely in it. They always look nice anyhow uhh, I mean I don't stare at them, but you know…” Namjoon let out a nervous giggle, scratching the back of his neck. I raised a brow at him then, glanced down at the magazine.

"Have you ever noticed her butt? Shapely and taut…heaven, right?” Yoongi grimaced approvingly.

“Are you guys picturing me naked?” I faked a stunned expression.

“Well…” Namjoon flicks his gaze away.

“Obviously!” Yoongi gummy-smiled while Hoseok plopped into the settee basking in the jokes.

The way my lips deformed into a huge "O" from which the sound came naturally. Before I could stop myself, my poker straight mouth twitched upwards and I was laughing non-stop.

Heyy
Pls check out the new edits in the book's teaser, what do you think?

V.K♥️