06.

06.

I emerge into the nighttime hour of Seoul. The cold moves in only to meet the warmth of my blood, my defense against such ice. I feel it wash over my skin, again and again, only to be met by my heartbeat, again and again. Jungkook's words float inside my head striking my temples with such force that seems like a hemicrania. Cold seeps into my toes and spreads painfully throughout my feet as if it were my bare feet on the pristine icy whiteness rather than footwear. I wrapped my jacket around me tighter titling my head skyward and squinting against the bright lights of the city.

The city of wide avenues and small places to sit, eat and relax during a busy day. There are sky towers in the center, parks and huge spaces; a chance to walk among nature or enjoy the trails on bicycles. Yet perhaps my favorite thing is the market that passes through the center, crossing the bridges, pausing just to look at the view I saw every day and loved all the more. Seoul listens to my fierce footsteps, the clicking of my polished heels against its dirty pavements early in the morning. It celebrates with me when I'm on top of the world and cries for me when life gets hard.

My feet brought me to the subway and I stood there looking up at the sky. The stars gradually lose their glow and the sun will bloom on the horizon;golden petals will stretch outwards into the rich blue soon. Thank God, I can see this beauty every day.

“Miss?”

A man called aloud, sprinting forward with even greater energy.

“Hi” He smiled and I was gawking at him uncertain whether to stay or run.

“Um hi, do I know you?” I asked.

“You’re Denise Hwang, right? The girl from cabaret Caramel” He clarified hastily.

“Yeah I’m Denise, I suppose you’re a regular client or something?”

“Are you kidding? I’m a huge fan, Denise…um, can I call you Denise, right? You look gorgeous!” He grinned like a long lost brother and shook my hand warmly with the perfect squeeze and eye contact.

“Well, thank you…?”

“Brian!” He introduced himself with a bow making me choke on a laugh.

"I'm guessing you need a ride?" His voice was soft-spoken and mellow, sending  warm vibes throughout my body.

“Oh, I’m fine, don’t worry. Nice to meet you though Brian, have a nice day” I turned on my heel, his cold grip halted me at once.

“Do you want a drink? I know a cool place for us to hang out and then, you can come to my place for the rest” His hand shifted on my waist stroking the fabric there with his thumb. My heart banged against my chest.

“What do you mean “the rest”?” I scowled trying to escape his heavy touching. He met my gaze with the smile of one who knows the upper hand is his as the edge of his lips pushed up, scrunching his one eye up, making the brown appear black. His lips parted a centimeter, making it seductive to many.

“Well, being a Cabaret dancer is a brilliant camouflage baby, but trust me, I’m not telling anyone and I’ll make you rich just for one night!” His cold finger chucked me under the chin.

My brain stutters for a moment and my eyes take in more light than I expected; every part of me goes on pause while my thoughts catch up as his hand now fondles my butt without shame.

“Go to hell! You disgust me, asshole!” I roared thrusting his chest hard.

“Oh come on, don’t play hard to get now baby girl” His hands tightened on my forearm and waist, white-knuckled, strong. I turned to fight it, but I found my feet dragging along the cement as I lost my balance.

“Are you fucking deaf? She said no!”

The familiar voice booms across the sky. The sugary aroma wraps my body with secure as Taehyung takes handfuls of Brian’s clothing and attempts to detach him from me. The elder backs off smoothing out his rumpled lapel, giving Taehyung a snide look before he turns to go; and that seems to be the end of the little scuffle.

“Are you okay?" He asked the question smoothly, the baritone of his voice reverberated through my bones.

“Yes, you really saved my ass, thank you” I responded.

The chuckle that replied was that soft- rolling thunder that billows across the dark skies on a stormy night.

“So, do you want to join me for a drink? I think we need one right now” Taehyung’s breath comes out in cold puffs and the tip of his nose is red. “But, we have to walk for a while. Can you even keep up?” He questioned motioning towards my high heels.

“The question is, Can you?” I replied and he glanced over; the corners of his lips fight a smile and his eyebrows are slightly raised.

-New year is here
Time for us to cheer-
Happy 𝟚𝟘𝟚𝟘

V.K♥