Epilogue: Rebirth

A/N: I must say...this is the most perfectly titled chapter! XD
I apologize for being so late. I had a bit of a block for a while, but now I am back to finish this beautiful story. Thank you to all for the support and to DragonEmpress987 for helping me along the way. Enjoy!
————————————————————————

The next morning, Chiaki was taking a walk through the gardens when she noticed a marvellous sight.

"Now, try to move your tail up and down." It was Hajime, holding onto Nagito who...had a tail. It was long and grey with some white scales. His fins were shimmering silver as it flowed with the current. She noticed that the grey scales were growing on his arms and neck near his newly formed gills.

"Uh...woah!" Nagito struggled to balance his weight as he gripped onto Hajime's arm. "This is so weird!"

Hajime laughed before kissing his cheek. "It will take time. I remember my first time. I was so nervous, but Izuru and Chiaki helped me."

Chiaki smiled at the sight, her heart warmed up in hope. She swam up to the couple before she gave Nagito a hug.

"Welcome to the colony." She said. "I am surprised that you grew a tail in one night..." She turned to Hajime with a concerned look. "Care to explain?"

He told her about his talk with the Leviathan and how she granted him her power to transform Nagito. He also mentioned about Angelyne's connection to the Goddess and the Leviathan.

"How interesting. I had no idea that the legend was actually truth." Chiaki said with sympathy. "What about the pendant?"

"I threw it away." Hajime replied. "I didn't want to risk it. I don't know if Angelyne cursed it to the Leviathan's orders, but she told me not to use it."

"The Leviathan, you mean?"

"Yes. She saw the goodness in me and how strong my bond with Nagito was and...she regretted her actions."

Chiaki nodded with understanding. "Well, regardless...I am glad things worked out in the end. I will make arrangements to have you work here at the kingdom so you and Hajime won't have to be separated."

"A wise decision, my Queen." Izuru agreed as he joined the group. "With Nagito's knowledge of the human world, we can better expand our horizons and perhaps form an alliance for all."

"Yeah...just make sure they don't carry swords." Nagito suggested before he yawned. "I think I need a break."

"Good idea. Now it is time to introduce you to our delicious breakfast options." Hajime said with glee while Nagito looked a bit concerned.

"I do hope you guys have something either than fish..." He said irked making the brown haired merman laugh.
————————————————————————
Later that afternoon, Nagito was left to deal with some new residency paperwork. Hajime had to visit Angelyne. He needed to understand her part in all of this, and the pendant. Was it really cursed? Why did she want to help the Leviathan in the first place?

He arrived at her room and knocked gently on the door. Soon, he felt nervous. Was she a traitor? The Leviathan didn't think so, but if Angelyne really was the descendant of Obelia, then...she could have lied.

"Come in." Her soft voice called through the door. Hajime sighed and took a deep breath in. He opened the door slowly and saw her sitting at her vanity, brushing her hair. She was softly humming an old children's song that Hajime forgotten the words to.

"Oh, Young Noble." Angelyne said, noticing him through her mirror. "I thought you were my brother. Come in."

"Thank you. I need to talk to you about something...it regards to your heritage." Hajime explained as he sat down on a spare chair near the bed. Angelyne remained silent, though her face looked fearful. It was as if she was afraid of what he would say. "That pendant...that you enchanted? Was it cursed?"