Chapter Twenty-Three: How To Be A Noble

As the shining conch sank down to the depths, it awoken something. It's eyes shined a crimson red as it saw the shell land on the sandy floor. It's head was the size of an airplane as it slithered out of it's cave. It sniffed it, catching a scent of a noble's tear. Hissing, it slunk back in the hole before charging full force out, destroying its cave. The giant rocks destroyed the conch, but it didn't matter. The 10ft long snake roared, shaking its surroundings, causing cracks to open the sea floor. It's tail pushed sand to make a fog of sorts as it took off at breakneck speed.
——————————————————
Angelyne gasped as she snapped out of her vision. Tears began to fall as it suddenly hit her: The Leviathan was coming. It wouldn't matter if Hajime was cured or not, it was hellbent on destroying them. The scent of Hajime's tear made it mad; Junko sent it a threat.

"My dear sister..." Andreas called in concern. "What has happened?"

She shook like a leaf as she sank down to the ground, hands on her head and sobs escaping her mouth. "No...it's coming...the Leviathan...has awakened."
——————————————————
Meanwhile, in the council room, Lord Kingler and Lady Daveryn were in the middle of a hearing for the lead healer who stopped Hajime's treatment.

"You HAD no right to disobey our direct orders!" Kingler barked. "As far as I am concerned, you are a traitor against our kind!"

"I am sorry, my lord. As far as I am concerned, I only follow the rules of the Queen and I know for a fact that she would never agree to such vile acts." The healer expressed, keeping her head up.

"The Queen is no say in this matter." Lady Daveryn said. "Since we are higher in rank than you, you must obey-"

"Not unless I have a say about it NOW!"
Chiaki interrupted, swimming in with her mate, Izuru. Angelyne and Andreas were close behind, holding each other's hands. The lead healer bowed in respect as Chiaki approached her. "You may leave us now."

"Yes, Your Majesty." She replied as she took off out of the council room. The guards that stood on the outside closed the oblong doors with a bang.

Daveryn was anxious as she saw the Queen's stern stare, but Kingler was less than impressed.

"It has come to my attention that you have a lack of respect for my kingdom." Chiaki said.

"If I may, Your Majesty?" Kingler addressed. "I don't mean any disrespect. I am only doing what is necessary to protect our people-"

"By authorizing illegal overdoses of medicine to cause a patient to hallucinate?" Izuru snapped back.

"The needs of the many outweighs the needs of the few. Hajime is a valuable Noble who must not let his affections for a mere human get in the way." Kingler objected, before turning to Chiaki. "Seeing as how you are running this kingdom alone, I only figured-"

"You figured wrong." Chiaki said sternly. "As of today, Izuru will be crowned King and I will be abolishing the Council. Lord Andreas and Lady Angelyne will our advisors and you two will be punished for your crimes."

Daveryn gasped in shock. "Please, Your Majesty! I had nothing to do with this! It was all Kingler's idea!"

"Despite that, you knew and failed to report it to us." Izuru stated. "For that, you are just as guilty."

Two guards came in and arrested the two former council members. "We will have a trial in the next few weeks. For now, send them to the depths, so they can reflect on their actions." Izuru ordered.

"You have no authority, Izuru!" Kingler yelled, struggling against the guard holding him back.

"No?" Chiaki asked before swimming up to his face. "But I do. If I didn't believe in a fair trial, I would have you executed on the spot." She hissed. "Consider yourself lucky."

As they were taken away, Chiaki turned to her now fiancé and advisors. "If what you say is true, Angelyne...then we don't have long before the Leviathan shows."

"Yes, Your Majesty..." Angelyne answered. "However, I did sense something...Hajime's mate...will arrive sooner than we think. Their mechanical beast...is almost finished."

"If that is the case, I suggest we fortify our defences until it arrives." Andreas suggested, placing his hand on his chin. "We may have enough supplies if should it come to evacuation."

"Double check and give me a total count." Chiaki ordered. "Make sure our troops are prepared."

"Yes, Your Majesty." Andreas said as he and his sister bowed. They exited the room, leaving Izuru and Chiaki alone.

"Now...there is the matter of this useless space." Chiaki muttered.

"Maybe we can use it for...the royal nursery." Izuru suggested, wrapping his arms around his mate and kissing her neck.

"Izuru!" She laughed softly. "Wait until after we are married!"

Then, she thought of Hajime. While the doses were lowered, he was experiencing symptoms of withdrawal which was being handled. However, he was not in good shape. She promised to herself to tell him about her engagement when things calmed down. Right now, they had to prepare for the Leviathan.

According to Angelyne, it would arrive in about a month's time. It wasn't a lot, and with no way of contacting the surface, Chiaki had to put a lot of faith in Nagito.

'Hajime needs you more than ever now. I just pray you are on your way.' Chiaki thought as she looked up to the glistening surface. 'I pray that the gods protect you...and that you arrive here safely...'
————————————————————————
To Be Continued...

A/N: Almost to the action packed finale! Will Nagito make it on time to save his love? Will the Leviathan destroy their home? Will Hajime live long enough?

Stay Tuned!

LunaKirbee