XIV

Tanya

3:00 a.m.

It was 3 in the morning and Dave wasn't home. After he stormed out, I called Sean, Rashad, and Randy, but none of them knew where he was. They all said he hadn't even contacted them. I called Mama Leslie and even built up the nerve to call Bianca. They both said they hadn't heard from him neither. I got up from the bed and put pillows on the edge. Daniel and D'Andre were both asleep in the bed next to me. I grabbed my phone and went downstairs. I had called and texted Dave over 20 times and he hadn't returned any of them. I would've called the police, but with all the illegal shit Dave has done and still currently does, it would just backfire on him. I sat on the couch and turned on the tv. Hopefully, Dave would be home soon.

4:30 a.m.

I woke up to the sound of whatever show was on the tv. I checked the time and just threw the phone down. Of course, I haven't heard from Dave at all. My phone started ringing and I answered it without even looking at the caller id.

"Hello?"

"Wassup, T." It was Sean.

I sighed, "Hey, Sean."

"I'm guessing you haven't heard anything."

"Not a single call or text."

"I'm on my way there."

The door opened and Dave walked in. "No need. He just walked in."

"Don't tear into him too much."

"No promises." I hung up the phone and tossed in on the couch. "Dave."

"Not now, Tanya." He said, sitting on the couch.

"If you can walk in the house at almost 5 in the morning, why can't we have a conversation? Clearly it's not too early."

"I don't wanna talk."

"Then, you can listen. Right now, I don't even care about where you were or even what you were possibly doing. A phone call, text, hell even a damn bat signal letting me know that you were alive would've been decent enough. Even if you were too "angry" to contact me, you could've at least said something to your friends who's phones I've ben blowing up all night trying to find you."

"Tanya, clearly I'm alive."

"Yeah, and it only took for you to walk in at almost 5 in the morning for that to be confirmed."

"Tanya, I'm tired and I really don't feel like hearing you bitch about bullshit."

I chuckled. "I'm bitching over bullshit. You realize that not once have I given the impression that I gave a fuck about your whereabouts rather than your safety? I'm not questioning you nor am I accusing of you of shit. I'm upset because you could've been dead! But I guess me caring is me bitching over bullshit."

He shrugged. I wanted to chop his fucking shoulders off. All I could do is shake my head and go upstairs. I went to our room and just as I started to close the door, Dave had the audacity to try and come in.

"Where are you going?" I asked.

"To bed."

"Hilarious. Daniel's bed is big enough for you to sleep in and I'm sure it's quite comfortable. Your spot is currently occupied by your kids. Goodnight, Dave."

I closed the door and locked it. I moved the pillows and laid down. I attempted to go to sleep since Daniel would be waking me up in three hours, but I couldn't. I was used to being up under Dave. I sucked it up, though. I closed my eyes and eventually drifted off to sleep.