XXXV

Carrie

"We got company." Marcus said coming in.

I instantly got nervous as Cara smiled and said, "Perfect."

She walked over to a random barrel and sat on it. I looked over at Marcus and he looked nonchalant while Cara still had a smile plastered on her face.

"Marcus, go put the kids all the way in the back so they don't get hurt." Cara said. He nodded and walked off. "Baby girl, you might wanna kiss your little boyfriend one last time."

"Cara, that's not funny." I said.

"I'm not laughing."

I heard the door of the warehouse open and was basically shaking in my boots. Cara was laughing and when I looked back, she was laughing at me.

"You shaking like a stripper, girl. Tighten up."

"Cara shut the fu-"

"I know you fucking lying." I heard Sean say causing me to freeze.

"What hap- Carrie?" It was Randy.

"I-uh-um-hi."

Cara started laughing again. "Whew, imma let y'all handle that. I have business to attend to."

She walked off. I knew she was going to look for Smoke. I looked up at Randy and he looked back at me, disgusted.

"This what you do now?" He asked.

"Randy, I-"

"Weren't you posted up at Tanya place with the rest of us playing games like shit was cool? Now you out here kidnapping her damn kids?!"

"I didn't want to."

"Bullshit!" He said. "I know she ain't force you to do shit. Ya dumb ass was probably popping ya shit and started popping it to the wrong fucking person. The fuck Tanya did to you?"

"She was being herself."

"What?"

"Tanya is just perfect." I said. "At least to Marcus she is. After all this time, he's still in love with her. He doesn't know that I know her but he told me all about her. It's embarrassing. I've only been in one stable relationship and I fucked it up."

"Poor thing." He said, shaking his head and walking off.

He spared me. He really spared m-

Cara

I had no clue where Smoke was. I went back to Carrie just in time for her ex to leave. As I was about to say something to her, the man of the hour came up. He looked at her with a facial expression of both confused and disappointed.

"Da-Smoke." She mumbled.

"This what the fuck you do to your so called 'friend'? Tanya and Randy spared your ass. I'm not them."

"Smoke, I promise I can make it up to you. I can tell you anything you want to know about Cara. I know her weaknesses Smoke. Like, um, oh her mom-"

I cut her off by putting a bullet in the back of her head. Her body fell to the ground as her blood splattered over Smoke. He looked up and just stared at me.

I shook my head. "I asked her big mouth ass who she'd rather pull the trigger. Guess that was her answer."

"Where my kids at?"

"In the back."

"If I find out you-"

"My interest wasn't in your kids." I shrugged. "I never planned on hurting them."