II

Dave

I woke up the next morning to Tanya's head on my chest. I was kind of surprised since throughout the pregnancy, she preferred her own space. I slid from under her and went in the bathroom. After peeing, I washed my hands before starting my hygiene routine. I brushed my teeth, washed my face, and took a shower then went back to the room. I put on lotion and deodorant before putting on boxer briefs and gym shorts. I put some moisturizer on my face, slid some socks on my feet, and walked out.

I heard the tv coming from Daniel's room so I decided to go in there. When I got back from the store yesterday, I moved him in here. Peeking in, I noticed him sitting there with his thumb in his mouth.

I gotta get him out of that habit, I thought.

"Goodmorning." I said when I walked in.

"Morning." He mumbled.

I looked at the tv to see what had his attention. It was that Teen Titans Go shit. Shaking my head, I sat next to him.

"You hungry?"

"Yes."

"You brushed your teeth?"

"No."

I stood up and went through his drawers. I wash gonna do the same routine with him that I did for myself. I pulled out a rag, towel, wife beater, gym shorts, socks, and a pair of boxer briefs. Picking him up, I took him into the bathroom. I helped him brush his teeth and wash his face before bathing him. I lotioned his skin and put some deodorant on him before getting him dressed.

"Ready to eat?" I asked.

He nodded his head so I bent down and he climbed on my back. I went downstairs and went into the kitchen before sitting him down at the island. The whole way down, he was laughing.

"Alright, buddy, what you want to eat?"

"Pancakes." He said.

"Pancakes." I mumbled.

I never made pancakes before so making them now would definitely be a challenge.

"I'll make em." I heard Tanya say.

I looked back and she was standing there with a robe around her. She kissed Daniel's forehead and kissed my cheek before opening the fridge.

"Thank you." I said.

"Can't let you burn down the house with us in it." She laughed.

"Haha." I said, sitting next to Daniel.

She took some bacon out and laid them on a tray before putting them in the oven.

"You started school yet, Danny?" Tanya asked.

"No." He said.

"Shad's sister teaches at a preschool so I'll handle it."

"Okay."

My phone started to ring so I pulled it out my pocket and answered it without looking.

"Hello?"

"Open up, baby." It was my mom.

"Coming."

I hung up the phone and went to the door. I opened it and smiled, watching my mom come up the walkway. She kissed my cheek and walked in.

"Morning, baby." She said.

"Morning, mama." I said, locking the door.