Chapter 6

~~~~
Steven's POV
~~~~
I unpacked my stuff and sat on my bed. I took my phone out and decided to text Sandy.

Steven:
Babe

Steven:
We got a problem

Steven:
I'm pretty sure I'm crushing on Liam

The only thing left now was to wait for her response. And I'm such an idiot. I made Liam feel awkward. I didn't want that. Now I don't know what to do.

"Uh, Steven?" Liam asked, poking his head through the door. I guess he left the room at one point and I didn't notice. I looked at him. For a second. Then I had to look away before I start blushing like crazy.

"Yeah?"

"Ryan and I are going outside to the beach. Wanna come along?" He asked. I could hear it in his voice. He was anxious to talk to me. I guess he was scared to say something wrong. I simply shook my head.

"I-I might come out later. B-But not right now." I stuttered out. Goddamnit. That was so lame.

"Okay. Uh, bye. See you later." He said and closed the door. I facepalmed. I am so lame. I then looked at my phone. I got a message from Sandy.

Sandy:
Oh no

Sandy:
He said multiple times that hes not gay

Steven:
I know babe

Steven:
Thats what i hate about it

Steven:
He said hes not gay but he makes it seem like he is

Steven:
Im just very confused

Sandy:
Babe just chill

Sandy:
If he is gay after all and he likes you hell come around

I guess she has a point. If he does like me he'll tell me. I don't think he'll ever tell me anything though. Then I took the keys, went outside, locked the house and made my way to the beach.

"Oh, you came." Liam said with an awkward smile on his face.

"Yeah. Uh, what are you doing?" I asked.

"We were just thinking about going to rent a boat and going on the lake. I'm sure it'll be fun." Ryan said. I nodded.

"But not today. I don't think we have time." I said. "We have to meet at the main area in an hour." I added. Ryan pouted and crossed his arms.

"Fine. But we're going tomorrow in the evening." He said and Liam and I nodded. "And Sandy can come along too." He said with a wide smile on his face. Too wide in my opinion. I have a feeling he might be crushing on her. But I'm not entirely sure.

"Yeah, I'll tell her." I said. "Or you could tell her. I mean, you're friends now." I added and he chuckled awkwardly. He's definitely crushing on her. I patted his back. "I'll tell her. And don't worry. I won't tell her 'bout your crush." I said with a grin on my face. His face was completely red. We messed around a bit 'til it was time to go.

"Liam?" I called his name. He looked at me. I noticed Ryan also looking at me, but I didn't really care if he heard everything or nothing. He's not the kind of person to go around and tell everyone. "Look, I'm sorry for making you uncomfortable earlier." I apologized. He shook his head.