Chapter 16

~~~~
Ryan's POV
~~~~
It was 10 P.M. We said our goodbyes and the girls went to their cabin. Liam and Steven were holding hands while I had to walk alone. They stopped in the middle of the hallway, talking with the biggest smiles on their faces. I stood in between them.

"Okay, lovebirds, I get it. You're in love." I teased.

"Uh, sorry. Guess we got a little bit distracted." Liam said, scratching his neck.

"A little bit?" I teased. "That wasn't just a little bit distracted." I said with a smirk on my face. Then I walked past them to my room. "Oh, and if you wanna fuck tonight, please don't be loud. I still wanna sleep." I said before entering my room.

"Fuck you." I heard Liam said with a laugh before my bedroom door closed. Soon we were all ready to sleep. I couldn't sleep at all. When I looked at my phone it was midnight. I've been laying hopelessly in my bed for two hours.

That's when I decided to go work on my powers. I quickly put some clothes on, put my shoes on and went out. I went to the forest. When I was far enough from the camp I created fire from my hands. I played around with it in my hands, testing my concentration. A good half hour had passed when I felt something bad approaching me. It felt dark and powerful.

"I knew Becca was lying to me. I knew you got the powers. And by the way, Becca's a very bad liar. And she's a bitch. Maybe you should just stop trying to make her feel included in your little group. You know she's not a part of your group, you just don't wanna admit it." I heard Kayla's voice behind me. She pissed me off so bad. I didn't even care if I lost control over my powers at this moment. I shot fire towards her. She blocked it with her black magic.

"You don't know what you're talking about! You don't know Becca well enough to say those things about her!" I shouted at her and she laughed.

"Bitch, please. I know her better than anyone." She said. "I should've known she was lying to me. Now I'm gonna have to kill you." She said and smirked. I started aimlessly shooting fire at her. She kept blocking everything. "You know that you can't beat dark magic. I'm stronger than all of you." She said.

"I thought you were nice, Kayla. But if this is you then I was wrong." I said. She laughed evily.

"You were wrong." She said, then shot her magic at me. "Time to die." I made a shield with my fire, trying to block her attacks, but her attacks were too strong for me. With each hit my shield broke a bit. Then I couldn't hold my shield anymore. She drained all my energy out of me. I tried a few more weak attempts to protect myself, but none were successful. Soon I found myself on the ground. Kayla towered over me. "Bye, loser." She said before she shot dark magic at my face. I thought that I was a goner. But then I remembered I had one more option. I lost control. I let fire take over. The fire made a shield around my whole body. "Since when are you this strong?" Kayla questioned and I used this chance to throw her as far away from me as possible with my fire.

"You might know a lot. But you don't know everything. You picked the wrong element to destroy first." I said, only wanting to kill her. I approached her slowly. "It's time for you to die." I said and grabbed her arms. I could feel her skin being burned under my touch, but I didn't give a shit. She deserves it. She was trying her best not to scream, since it was the middle of the night. That's when I realized that I'm about to kill her. And I don't have to. We all just have to destroy her crystal together. I tried to pull myself together. It took a lot of will-power, but I managed to pull myself together. Then I stepped away from her. I looked at the scars on her arms. They looked absolutely horrible. She looked at me with tears in her eyes.

"H-How? How did you do that?" She asked, trying her hardest not to cry.

"Look, I... I'm sorry for hurting you. But that was my only way to escape." I apologized. I don't know why though. She's after me and my friends. But I just have a feeling that this isn't her. This is the evil inside of her. Because right now she isn't attacking me. She can't control the evil inside of her. It's controling her. She then stood up and kept looking at me with that same sad look as she slowly walked backwards. "Kayla, we can help you. This isn't you." I tried helping, but she shook her head.

"You can't. There's no way to help me. That demon inside of me is haunting me." She said, deeply breathing in and out. "I thought that crystal would give me all powers that I want and that monster said I only have to destroy the other elemental crystals. But I don't wanna kill my best friend." She added and then fell to the ground, crying. "Kill me. Burn me. I deserve it." She then said and I shook my head.

"You don't. Just... join us. We can help you control it." I said, putting my hand out for her. She slowly pushed it away from her.

"I can't. I-I need to be alone. I don't wanna kill anyone." She said, then stood up and ran back to the camp. I was tied up on whether I should run after her or stay behind. Then I decided to stay behind. She was the person that made me control my fire, so I could only respect what she wanted. She doesn't even know it, but she was a big help.