Chapter 7

~~~~
Ryan's POV
~~~~
I woke up, feeling good. I slept pretty well. I looked at the time. It was 8 A.M. Shit! We have to be in the main area in an hour. I quickly got out of bed and ran in the other bedroom.

"Guys, wake up! We kinda overslept! We only have an hour to get ready and eat. C'mon!" I paced around the room, while talking.

"Okay, we get it. Shut your goddamn mouth, Ryan." Steven said, rubbing his eyes. "For a shy guy, you can talk a lot when you want to." He added and I smirked at him.

"Okay, now get up!" I said one more time. Then I noticed that Liam was still sleeping. "Wake him up as well." I said before walking back to my room. I got dressed and went into the bathroom to brush my teeth. Today we're going to the diamond cave. I'm actually kind of excited. Soon I was in the kitchen, making eggs and bacon for everyone. In about 15 minutes they finally got out of their room. "Guys, breakfast is ready." I said and Liam lightly nodded. After they brushed their teeth they joined me at the table.

"Damn. You're such a gentleman." Steven commented and smiled at me. "Can I marry you?" He teased and I looked at the ground, not knowing what to say. Then he playfully punched my shoulder. "I'm just joking. I know you like Sandy. You'd like to marry her, ain't that right?" Steven added and I was blushing like crazy.

"Steven. Stop." I said quietly and he laughed a bit.

"You know I'm just joking." He said. I nodded and laughed.

"Guys, it's 8:45. Should we go? We like need a decade to get to the main area." Liam said jokingly, but it wasn't so wrong. It took a long time to get from here to the main area.

"Yeah, let's go." I said. I quickly took the plates and put them in the sink. Then we went out. We soon got there and met up with Sandy.

"Where's Bec?" Liam asked. Sandy shrugged.

"Looking for me?" She said as she approached us.

"Yeah." Liam said with a smile on his face.

"Good morning, kids! So for today you're going hiking to explore the area. I have the maps and each group needs one. Remember, go to the area that you got assigned to. And don't mix groups!" Mrs. Grimm said through the microphone.

"Not like we were planing to." Steven said and we smiled. Becca went and grabbed a map.

"Okay, we're good to go." She said when she came back.

"You got enough to drink guys?" Sandy asked. We all nodded. "Okay."

"Have a safe trip!" Mrs. Grimm said before she left. That's when we made our way to the cave.

"This is gonna be so much fun." Steven said and I nodded.

"Guys, I'm glad you accepted me. You know, I'm glad you're not leaving me out." Becca said and I looked at her. "And, uh, Ryan... I'm very sorry for calling you a loser. I was ignorant. And stupid. Same as for everyone here I've ever insulted. I promise you I've changed." She said. I smiled at her.

"I-It's fine. You're not the only one who said that to me. And I'm sure you won't be the last to say that to me." I said truthfully. Becca pouted at me.

"Well, let's make sure no one calls you that anymore." She said. I know she wanted to be supportive and I know she really meant what she said, but I don't think this will ever change. We followed the map and soon we found ourselves in front of the diamond cave. I immediately felt a pull towards the cave.

"Guys, do you feel like you're being pulled in by something?" Liam asked.

"Yes." Becca and Steven answered at the same time.

"Same." I simply said.

"Guys? Are you the crazy ones or am I the crazy one because I don't feel anything?" Sandy asked.

"You don't?" Steven asked and Sandy shook her head. That's when Liam decided to enter and so did we after him.

"Sandy, come on." I said. She was just standing there.

"Guys, you're weird." Sandy commented, but that comment soon went forgotten. I was too captured by the pull to be listening to her.

"Ryan, stop." She said as she grabbed my wrist. I looked at her. "What's going on? Why are you all so weird?" She asked. I shrugged.

"I don't know. I can't explain it either. I just feel a pull." I said. She hesitated for a moment, but then she got closer to me. Then she connected her lips to mine. When she pulled away I just stood there, in shock.

"Guess I have to let you go. But be careful. Same goes for everyone else." Sandy said and then she let go of my wrist.

"Ryan, put your hand here. I think we need you to open the door." Becca said. I jogged to where they were and put my had where the pull was the strongest. Then magically we were able to walk through that stone. We entered a room with four crystals on four pedestals.

"Wow." Steven admired the view in front of him.

"Isn't that the legend that Brandon was talking about?" Liam wondered while looking at Becca.

"Oh my god, it is." Becca said. "So we're the chosen ones? But why me? I'm a horrible person." She added.

"Stop saying that. You've changed." Liam comforted. Soon Liam was standing in front of a green crystal. I looked over to Steven and he was standing in front of a purple one. Becca found herself in front of a blue one. That means the red one was mine.

"Okay. Let's grab them at the same time." Steven said. "3, 2, 1." He counted down and then we grabbed it. All of us were now floating in the air, our crystals flying around us. I then felt fire enter my body. Soon I was back on the ground.

"Guys? Did we just get powers?" Becca asked. Steven made a ball out of air and shot it at a stone. Liam made a piece stone come into his hand and Becca pulled some water from a water puddle in the stones. They played with it for a while until they threw it at the ground. I then managed to produce fire from my hand.

"Guys, we have powers." Liam said with a wide smile on his face. I wanted to stop the fire, but couldn't.

"Guys, help!" I shouted and they all looked at me.

"Can't you stop it?" Steven asked and I shook my head.

"Shoot it." Liam suggested. He pushed Becca to the side and I shot at the stone wall. That's when it stopped.

"I'm guessing fire is the most difficult to control." Steven said. Goddamnit. Why do I have to get the most complicated one?

"Guys, where did the crystals go?" Becca asked. True, they disappeared. We started searching our bodies, when Liam found it.

"Mine's in my chest. I can't take it out!" Liam panicked. I looked in my shirt. It was halfway in my skin. I couldn't take it out, but it was still visible.

"Oh my god! What am I gonna do?" Becca panicked.

"Bec, look. We can't show these. No one can know that we have these powers. They might put us into a lab or something. This has to be our secret. And that means we have to do everything we can to not show the crystals in our skin." Liam explained and I nodded. "And we need to learn to control our powers quickly." He added.

"Fine. This is our secret." She said. Then she put two fingers on her lips. "This is the sign of trust." She added. Soon we all did the same.

"Trust for life." Steven said. I nodded. "This means we're cursed to be best friends." He added jokingly. We laughed.