Chapter 17

~~~~
Kayla's POV
~~~~
I ran away towards the camp, but I didn't run into my cabin. I ran towards the lunch hall. Inside I dropped down to the ground and cried.

"I picked you, hoping you would be strong." A familiar voice said. I looked up and saw the monster. "I didn't even have to take control over you. You picked the path of evil on your own. So what are you doing? You should've killed that boy. That's why I gave you my powers." The monster said. I shook my head.

"I don't want them anymore. I thought it wouldn't be so bad, but I can't kill anyone. Just leave me alone." I begged and the monster laughed.

"There's no way for you to get rid of me. You're stuck with me for the rest of your life." It said, followed by an evil laugh. "And since you don't wanna cooperate, I'm gonna have to take full control over your body." It added and I shook my head.

"Please don't do that to me. Please, I'm begging you." I begged, but the monster didn't listen. It entered my body and I didn't know who I was anymore. I only wanted to do evil things. I wanted to see the elemental angels bleed to death.
~~~~
Ryan's POV
~~~~
I practised my firebending the whole night through. In the morning I returned to the cabin, hoping the boys would still be sleeping. That wasn't the case though.

"Where were you? We were so worried about you." Steven said as he saw me. Then he hugged me.

"We thought you might've... you know." Liam said.

"Killed myself?" I asked and he lightly nodded. "C'mon, I might be depressed, but I ain't gonna kill myself. Besides, I learned to control my fire. Because of Kayla. She attacked me and I lost control, but then I managed to regain control. I can finally go in and out of my full fire state." I said and turned to go to the kitchen. Then I turned back and looked at the boys again. "Also, there's good in Kayla. She said that she's forced to do what she's doing. Some kind of monster is apparently hunting her. I tried to convince her to join us, but she refused. She said she doesn't want to hurt us. But now it might be too late already. A few hours ago she was still able to fight the monster, but I don't think it will hold back after what happened tonight. We need to destroy that crystal on her ASAP." I said and the boys looked at me in shock.

"So what she's doing is not her fault?" Steven asked and I nodded.

"We need to tell the girls." Liam said, then put his shoes on. "We only have two more days before we leave this place and I definitely wanna leave this black magic stuff in this camp. I know we won't be able to get rid of our powers, but at least we have to try and not let the black magic get home. It will definitely be no good." Liam explained and walked out. Soon Steven and I followed him. I texted Sandy to tell her we're on our way. Then we knocked on their door and Sandy opened.

"We'll be out in a second. The rest of the girls don't really like boys in here." Sandy said. Then she closed the door and in a minute or so they were outside and we went back to the beach. It kind of became our safe place. When we got there Liam told the girls about Kayla.

"So this means we have to work at a rapid pace." Becca commented and we nodded.

"But there's absolutely no way we can learn and master our additional skills here. We'll do that back at home. We don't need to push ourselves that hard. It's enough if we master our elements and destroy the crystal." Steven said and Becca nodded.

"Yeah. I say we go practise now." Becca suggested and I nodded. I knew I needed to master mine. And I wasn't doing too well until I learned to control my fire. Then Becca walked to the water, Steven went on the dock, Liam walked a bit more towards the forest and I stayed on the sand. I then released my full fire. I saw Sandy jump.

"Ryan?" She called my name and I looked at her. She then smiled at me. "I want you to be careful." She said. I noticed she wanted to grab my hand, but pulled back since she remembered that I was on fire. Then I put my fire away and grabbed her hand.

"I will." I said with a shy smile on my face. Then I connected our lips for a quick peck. When I was sure I wasn't touching her I released my fire. I saw her walking away, but then remembered that I need to look at the book. "Sandy?" I called and she turned around. "Could you grab the book from our cabin? It's in the living room." I said and she nodded. Then she was off. I kept shooting my fire until I saw her running back with the book. I put away my fire and she handed me the book. "Thanks, babe." I said and she smiled. I looked at the page with firebending. I looked through all the different attacks. They all seemed fairly easy. Then I gave her the book back. "Hold onto it and don't leave it anywhere. It's important." I said with a serious tone. She rolled her eyes and kissed my cheek.

"I know, babe." She said. Then she walked around to see how everyone else is doing. I was quickly mastering every move. Soon I found myself on the last one. I almost mastered my powers.

"Guys, I mastered my waterbending!" Becca said, excited.

"I mastered my powers too." Steven chimed in.

"Me too." Liam spoke up and walked towards Steven to kiss his cheek. "We'll show off after Ryan's done." He added and they all looked at what I was doing. Then I started doing the attack. Everything was going as planned, but at the end something happened. Something I wasn't expecting to happen. I shot lightning. Everyone's eyes widened.

"That was legit lightning." Steven said. Then I tried the attack again. This time it was just fire. That was accidentally, but I didn't think I'd create lightning so quickly.

"Okay. After that shock... I'm done. I mastered firebending." I said and Sandy wrapped her hands around me. Then each of them showed their ultimate powers. Liam pulled a bunch of rocks on his body and looked like a stone golem, Steven leaped in the air by always shooting underneath him whenever he jumped and Becca made her arms become water. Turns out my strongest move was the first one I learned. It was to become full fire.

"Guys, I'm so proud of you." Sandy said and we all smiled.

"We're gonna beat her tomorrow." Becca said with a smile on her face. We nodded.

"Now the only thing left to do is to learn our additional skills and we're basically unstoppable." Steven joked and we laughed. Then we went into our cabin and hung out 'till the nightfall. Then we decided to do our favorite thing. We went on the boat. This time no one had to paddle us to the middle of the lake. Becca insisted on using her powers. And it was working very darn well.